EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalZone

Newly Enlightened
DSCN4002.jpg

My normal EDC: Car/house/work keys, Alain Delon wallet, Seiko Alarm Chronograph (Criteria SNA643P1), NiteCore Defender Infinity and it's Ultrafire holster, Parker Insignia (3 in 1: red pen, black pen, 0.5mm mechanical pencil), Sony Ericsson K750i

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
At Home = Nothing. Empty pockets equals comfort and freedom of movement.
Away From Home = A jumble of car, house and jobsite keys, a Microlight II and a Storm Whistle.
Air Travel = Nothing . Empty pockets equals comfort and freedom of movement.

Brandon

Newly Enlightened
  • Right Pocket
    • Charge TTi Clipped on w/GITD Wrist Lanyard
    • Cell Phone
  • Front Left Pocket
    • Fenix P3D Q5 w/GITD Neck Lanyard, secured to my belt loop, so I don't lose it, and makes it easier to get out
    • Bic Lighter
    • Some kind of disposable pen
  • Back Right Pocket
    • Wallet
      • 10ft of duct tape wrapped around a credit card
      • Business card with list of emergency contacts on it.
      • A few alcohol pads
  • Back Left Pocket
    • Bandanna
Some of my items are very cheap every day things, but they all do the job nicely.

mrwilmoth

Newly Enlightened
the middle picture is a keyport keychain. it holds six of my keys. www.key-port.com

the green note holder is pretty much useless, it keeps looseing the paper in it.

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
Wow i wonder doesn't it feel uncomfortable calling all those stuff? Also for people that use the fenix or like holster. How does that plastic ring part work? I don't see how it can attach to anything without getting another clip or something added to it or am i not getting it

jchoo

Enlightened
I guess I tend to go a little heavier on the EDC gear than most...

EDCGear.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right:
waved Spyderco Endura 4
Spyderco Delica 3, waved with a Dremel
Springfield XD-40 in a UBG Canute
Kel-Tec P3AT in a Ron Graham K-RAT
Fenix P3D-CE and spare magazine for XD in a offside pouch by UBG.
My wallet (yes, there are CHL's in there... a couple of 'em)
Bic lighter
Sony-Ericsson w810i

This is what I have on me if I'm wearing pants and it is legal to carry. I also have a 4gb flash drive and fauxton LED light on my keychain. This isn't encumbering at all - in fact, I've driven 13 hours from Virginia to Michigan without taking any of it off (gotta love that reciprocity!).

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Here's what's generally always in my pockets, even at home. The rest can vary.

Starting from the upper left going clockwise:

Leatherman Juice
Gerber/Emerson Alliance Automatic
Kahr PM40 in some sort of pocket holster
Keys (equipped with both standard and high security handcuff keys)
Wallet
Novatac 120P
TW4 Clone with KL4/VG 1x123 body

The flashlights can vary. I have been also carrying a VG 1x123 with a Lumens Factory bulb in place of the TW4 clone, or lately I've been evaluating the OpticsHQ E1 head on a VG 1x123 body instead of the Novatac. If I'm travelling by car for some distance, I'll add a SureFire 6P with a BOG or Malkoff Drop In. using a no longer made Wilson Combat nylon magazine carrier as the holster for the 6P.

Other things that vary - Wristwatches will vary from a Timex GMT, DeFaubre GMT, or Omega GMT. The Kahr PM40 won't change, but some combat Tupperware can be added (G23, G30, G21). And I may carry 2 extra rechargeable AW's with me.

All of this is easy to carry, doesn't load me down, and all are extremely useful.

-Steve

edc.jpg

Black Majik

Newly Enlightened
Here's my most recent EDC.

fortyfivetaketwo2-1-08050.jpg

* HK P2000 V3 9mm
* Comptac Infidel IWB w. spare mag carrier
* Spare reload
* Milt Sparks 1.5" belt
* Wallet
* Keys
* CCW License
* Jetbeam MkIIx
* Watch
* Phone

Sorry guys, I only carry one light :sssh:

dulridge

Enlightened
Today's crop from my pockets/belt.

Mypocketsandbelt.jpg

ipod
Ultrafire C3 in holster on belt
Wallet
2 phones (One for patients, one for everyone else.)
3 sets of keys (Folks, house, car)
USB memroy stick
lip balm
Photon ReX
Orb Raw Cree
Gerber multitool on belt in holster
Fenix E0
Ultrafire AAA device with own O rings
Couple of lighters
Assorted white fauxtons

Well that is what is on me right now. Not at work this week so no work keys, ID etc.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
In the not too distant future either a KelTec P3AT (.380 ACP), a KT P32 (.32 ACP or a Kahr PM9 (9mm) will be with me.

Some of the places I go would have apoplexy if they found out I had it even in my truck, but I don't plan to advertise!

Obviously this means I'll have a CCW License.

It'll almost HAVE to be ankle carried due to how I dress for work. But that won't do much for draw!

bltkmt

Enlightened
Yes, I would like to hear more about this thing too. It appears that you send them up to six of your keys and they cut/modify them to fit into this device? How big is it in real life?

Can you tell us more about the keyport? It looks very cool, but extremely expensive. How do you like it and what made you decide to buy it?

Thanks, Bucky

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
It'll almost HAVE to be ankle carried due to how I dress for work. But that won't do much for draw!
I've been very happy with a Galco "USA" tuckable holster in the appendix position, under a tucked shirt. I use a 1-1/4" belt from gunnersalley.com with it. Although it's a deep cover carry, I suspect it's a lot faster than an ankle holster, and better hidden. I generally hook the holster just to the right of the right-front belt loop of my pants. Once the gun is in place and tucked, I rotate the pistol/holster slightly, so the muzzle is a little more toward the center of my body, and the hook part of the belt attachment is under the front right belt loop. With a little blousing of the shirt, my Kel-Tec P-11 disappears in this rig.

This setup is comfortable enough that I can even carry at home. I wear a v-neck t-shirt under any shirt I wear -- even t-shirts in summer. I can carry under just about any shirt, as long as I wear a gunbelt. Home, grocery, mall, opera, church, whatever, I can carry. My wife can't even tell if I'm armed or not. I had the slide of the P-11 plated to prevent rust, and I'm very happy with this method. Try it, you might like it!

Hey, my 100th post!

Regards,
Dirty Bob

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty boring. I usually EDC:
  • A Light: McLux or HDS
  • A Knife: Spyderco Meadowlark (waiting for a Minigrip)
  • Keys with Fenix E0 on it
  • Wallet, spare change
I will occasionally carry a third light if I am wearing a jacket but that's about it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

If it's ankle carry, I'd consider carrying in a pocket holster. Faster access, you can put your hand on your weapon if you think trouble is about to come down the pipe, and no article of clothing to move out the way.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I know the P32 will disappear in my back pocket. The P3AT will too.

But it would print badly. Is there a wallet sort of holster? This would be pretty good in a "you want my wallet? OK PLEASE don't shoot me" scenario.

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
Part of my liking for the appendix IWB is that I'm able to carry a larger/heavier pistol than with pocket carry. In a front pocket, the P-32 and pocket holster would likely be 100% invisible.

Regards,
Dirty Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts