EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
DSC01687.jpg

My most used out of work edc setup.

macs sst-50 4500k 2.8A, kahr pm9 in custom adams holsters pocket holster. the backup is a jet beam in the custom rear pocket holster.

ffemt6263

Enlightened
:lolsign: i figured id get a question about that. Its actually a ballistic vest and when you work EMS in one the top 5 "most violent cities in the US" its a little insurance policy to make sure i get home to my family. Thanks for the welcome to cpf. Ive actually been lurking around daily for well over a year using a friends username but finally got off my lazy butt and got my own username.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Cool - thanks for the reply. You actually have a job where you need a quality light everyday!

Stay safe out there.

madwomble

Newly Enlightened
put all my gear on the floor ready to take a pic, then looked at my phone & camera on the floor and had to think about it. Borrowed my other halfs iphone, so pic quality isn't great, but you get the idea!

1) 30ft of paracord
2) 2 compressed towels
3) compass (rubbish really, got it for 50 in a motorway service station arcade. Taken it up to Snowdonia though and it's been ok!)
4) Gerber sharpener
5) Gorillapod
6) Inchworm (titanium ruler)
7) Lumix TZ6 camera
8) Mauser GAK
9) Hemp handcream
10) nail clippers
11) Gerber Suspension
12) Dell Streak phone. Insanely big screen and corresponding short battery life. Wouldn't buy again, but doing ok for me so far
13) Rolltop waterproof bag for jamming camera\phone into in bad weather
14) Paracetamol
15) zip ties
16) notebook & pen
17) handwipe sachet from restaurant

Also got a microled and extendable pen magnet, both currently missing amongst my hoards of stuff. Also got a Lenser H7 head lamp, but only take that out when needed. Will be browsing the forums for a good, preferably AAA, lamp for my bag above.

This all stored in my Maxpedition Jumbo EDC versipack.

edckit.jpg

DaveG

Enlightened
put all my gear on the floor ready to take a pic, then looked at my phone & camera on the floor and had to think about it. Borrowed my other halfs iphone, so pic quality isn't great, but you get the idea!

1) 30ft of paracord
2) 2 compressed towels
3) compass (rubbish really, got it for 50 in a motorway service station arcade. Taken it up to Snowdonia though and it's been ok!)
4) Gerber sharpener
5) Gorillapod
6) Inchworm (titanium ruler)
7) Lumix TZ6 camera
8) Mauser GAK
9) Hemp handcream
10) nail clippers
11) Gerber Suspension
12) Dell Streak phone. Insanely big screen and corresponding short battery life. Wouldn't buy again, but doing ok for me so far
13) Rolltop waterproof bag for jamming camera\phone into in bad weather
14) Paracetamol
15) zip ties
16) notebook & pen
17) handwipe sachet from restaurant

Also got a microled and extendable pen magnet, both currently missing amongst my hoards of stuff. Also got a Lenser H7 head lamp, but only take that out when needed. Will be browsing the forums for a good, preferably AAA, lamp for my bag above.

This all stored in my Maxpedition Jumbo EDC versipack.

edckit.jpg
Nice to see another GAK fan,great knife IMHO.Is yours made by Mauser or another maker?

madwomble

Newly Enlightened
Nice to see another GAK fan,great knife IMHO.Is yours made by Mauser or another maker?

Looking more closely at it, it's not a Mauser as first thought. There isn't a typical Mauser logo on it. It's got the same logo as the one here: http://www.zib-militaria.de/German-Army-folding-knife (An eagle perhaps). The blade says "Fox, Rostfrei" at the bottom of it. That's probably why it doesn't have the additional, spear type blade, that I've seen on official Mausers before.

DaveG

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply,there were a lot of diffrent makers of GAK,well worth the money for such a handy knife.

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
IMG_3079.jpg

Benchmade Doug Ritter Griptilian w/ Wilkins G10 Grips
Oakley Polarized Frogskins
Keychain #2: 8gb Sandisk Cruzer, SAK Classic, Quark Mini123
Flipside 2x Wallet
Casio G-Shock DW-5600MS
Palm Pixi Plus
Keychain #1: Keys, TEC A3 w/Tritium Vial
Surefire E1DL
Fisher Space Pen Cap-O-Matic

bobclarty

Newly Enlightened
IMG_6059.jpg

Work Phone
Personal Phone
Red Pen
Black Pen (Zebra F-301)
Oakley polarized sunglasses
Truck keys
Timex Watch (9 years old, 3rd band, original battery)
Stainless Steel wallet
Keychain w/ Mag Solitaire (looking for new AAA EDC light though)
16GB Sandisk thumb drive w/ Ubuntu
Cheap Bic lighter (prefer these to my Zippo I got for my birthday years ago)
Kershaw E.T.

I generally switch between a few different knives, the Kershaw Blackout being the most typical one that I've carried for almost 10 years now. Some of my EDC things have been with me for a number of years.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
IMG_6059.jpg

Keychain w/ Mag Solitaire (looking for new AAA EDC light though)

Well, this has to change soon! :grin2:

I like the Fenix E05 for a single mode AAA light and the LD01 or 4Sevens Preon Revo for 3-mode lights.
There is also the ITP A3 upgraded that is a little bit cheaper but still a great light that a lot of people (incl me) here on CPF like a lot .

But there are many more good, small lights to choose from.
Have fun!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?313249-Best-aaa
http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Beamshot AAA lights 2011-03 UK.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts