Best aaa

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, just looking to add my first aaa to my collection, ideally looking for long runtime and small size but with a serious high mode when necessary. Thanks in advance

rohit

Newly Enlightened
I have 5 AAA flashlights-

1) Maratac Copper
2) Fenix LD01
3) Illuminati AAA S2 Ti
4) Univex titanium AAA
5) N-light B3S Stainless steel AAA

Illuminati is the brightest at 125 Lumens. But overall I find the Fenix LD01 best as an EDC. It has 85 Lumens max, but in reality it feels brighter. I have owned it for more than a year. Still going strong. No issues at all.
I think Preon Revo SS S2 should be good too.

- Rohit

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hey all, just looking to add my first aaa to my collection, ideally looking for long runtime and small size but with a serious high mode when necessary. Thanks in advance

What is ur budget? That says a lot about what u can/should get. Too many options these a days. But I have to agree with the fenix ld01, especially for edc. Ur gonna pay a lot more for some of the other ones.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among my very many 1 x AAA lights there's three that I currently like and carry alternately:

- Klarus Mi 10
- 4Sevens Preon ReVO
- 4 Sevens Preon 1

Of course if you could get your hands on a Liteflux LF2XT .... :cool:

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have and love the Titanium Innovations Illumina Ti CA1, and the Fenix LD01 in SS. I prefer the UI on the Illumina Ti, but the LD01 in SS is built like a tank, and seems plenty bright on the L92's I feed it.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
Mine are:

Preon REVO SS
Preon 1 with Clicky
Maratac AAA
IlluminaTi AAA
n-Light B3
Lumapower Avenger

I honestly like them all.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Just remember that whatever the "best" is today, will be far behind the "best" light a couple years from now. With this in mind, and given the fact that most of us will want to replace our "best" light within a couple years, with the next "best" light, I would spend less and get the iTP A3 EOS. I honestly doubt you will find a better value for such an amazing little light and I can think of no logical reason to spend more on this size light, unless you want something indestructible, or something that is reserved for those with more money.

Then again, if you have money to burn get a few different ones and report back to us what you think is the "best". ;-)

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the iTP EOS A3 XP-G R5 edition, and feed it 10440 for 200+ lumens from something the size of your pinky.

Or get the Titanium Innovation IlluminaTi CA1 XP-G S2 edition and do the same thing as well.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best AAA light is still the LifeFlux LF2XT. Good luck finding one. :devil:
The rest are just next to the best... :nana:
Hehe agreed. Got a neutral xp-e and it's still my most used light. A titanium version was for sale at the markedplace for 500$ not long ago:devil:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
iTP EOS A3 XP-G R5 'Upgrade' with a 10440 battery. This 3-mode light will pump out 326 lumens on high!

What brand of 10440's works in the ITP? I bought a couple of Trustfire protected cells last week, and they don't work in my ITP EOS A3 R5 Upgrade, but does work in my old Fenix LD01 Q5. What works?