Best aaa

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Best AAA light is still the LifeFlux LF2XT. Good luck finding one. :devil:
The rest are just next to the best... :nana:
Got to agree. My Clicky gets the most use, but ever since getting them, the Draco around my neck and my LF2XTi are the only lights that go everywhere with me all the time - and by no coincidence, they've both got some of the best beam patterns of any light I've got.

beerwax

Enlightened
lftx and titaner. both have the correct beam pattern and simple UI. i am getting nervous about carrying the liteflux wouldnt want to lose it.

shafi

Newly Enlightened
Re: Single AAA LED flashlight keychain

or Single AA LED flashlight keychain :)

rohit

Newly Enlightened
Now, I have the Preon Revo SS S2 flashlight too. It is a very nice little keychain light. Definitely brighter than my current favorite Fenix LD01. Beam has larger hotspot and much more spill compared to LD01. Fenix LD01 has tighter and focused beam. Revo SS is smaller and perfect for keychain while the Fenix with a strong clip goes well as pocket light.

- Rohit

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
I have a iTp A3 EOS (regular alkalines) and then got a Black Cat OSRAM. For $9, the Black Cat kicks the itp's butt.

flashflood

Enlightened
I have a iTp A3 EOS (regular alkalines) and then got a Black Cat OSRAM. For $9, the Black Cat kicks the itp's butt.

There are many good options for AAA alkaline or NiMH. The main advantage of the iTP A3 is that it can also handle 10440, and is insanely bright with same.

hazna

Enlightened

try a search, there is a lot on this topic already.

A member, HKJ has a good round up in one of his threads. Also check out the reviews forums too.

Generally these seem popular:
preon 1
preon revo
itp A3
Maratac AAA
Fenix ld01

Paolos

Newly Enlightened
I love fenix lights, but for AAA, the iTP A3 R5 (upgraded version) is an absolute winner. Small but super bright, 3 mode versatility and best of all, it's very affordable.

shafi

Newly Enlightened

I am looking for a flashlight keychain with minimum 150 lumens. 200 or 250 will be perfect.

150-250 lumens (max output)
AAA and/or AA battery
LED technology

I hope someone can help me with this.

carrot

Flashaholic
This is a wonderful time for great AAA keychain lights. Today I am wearing the McGizmo Sapphire, normally I wear the Muyshondt Mako 60º, and on my keys is the Arc-AAA. In my laptop bag is another great: the Preon ReVO. They are all good and they all cover different uses.

Bass

Enlightened
There are lots of great choices. The 4Sevens ReVo in Stainless Steel or a Klarus Mi X6 would be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Peak Eiger AAA deserves some serious consideration at this point. I don't own one, but probably soon will. This is a single level light, but with the advent of some new 21st century material, the QTC pill, the Eiger is effectively turned into an excellent little AAA keyring light with an infinitely variable brightness level, all with no added electronic circuits!

I've often considered purchasing a Peak light because of their high quality construction, which includes fully potted heads (epoxy encased), which of course makes them MUCH more resistant to shock and very moisture resistant, but I do love mulit-level lights, so I've always ended up going in that direction.

However, with the advent of this new QTC material, and Peak's willingness to utilize the QTC pill's unique properties in their lights, I'm seriously looking at their line-up of lights with a fresh perspective.

If you're not familiar with this new material check out this thread over in the Peak area:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Need-some-help-deciding-on-an-Eiger-with-QTC

Basically, this new material allows zero passage of electricity in it's resting state, but begins to allow electricity through as it becomes compressed (with virtually no loss), finally coming to a point where it is allowing 100% through.

This is perfect for a light like the Peak Eiger which starts with the light off and the head slightly loosened. With the QTC pill installed in the bottom of the battery tube, as you begin tightening the head the QTC pill becomes compressed and begins letting a little electricity through, letting more and more through as it continues to compress. Neat!

One of the problems with mulit-level lights (and one of the major trade-offs in using them) is that the electronics or physical switches used to achieve those levels tend to be the weak point in a light's construction, so being able to achieve an infinitely variable light without the use of electronics is a HUGE breakthrough (IMHO).

My understanding is that the Eiger is a direct-drive light, so there is no regulation circuit, meaning the light will gradually diminish over the life of the battery. Again, with less electronics involved there is less to go wrong, so this light would be a good fit for some one wanting a super rugged and reliable light.

You can also pick the style of body you want (lug, pocket, or keychain), made in the material of your choice (aluminum, brass, SS, or titanium), AND request the type of beam you want (narrow, medium, or wide). Not only that, but you can mix and match different size bodies with your head to accommodate an N size battery, or 2 AAA batteries, etc.

To top it off, the Eiger will accept a 10440 lithium-ion 3.7 volt rechargeable cell giving a very nice 100 + lumen output with the #8 head.

Peak offers a choice of 8 different heads for the single level Eiger, each one designed for a different level of output, but of course with the new QTC pill it makes sense to simply buy the most powerful head (the #8) and use the variable brightness abilities of the QTC pill to set the light where you want it. Neat.

By the way, I don't work for Peak, I'm just VERY excited about this new QTC technology and how it's going to impact the flashlight community, and Peak seems to be the company that is moving ahead to quickly take advantage of it.

I also have a Preon Revo on order because I happen to love a well regulated light and the Revo offers some of the best regulation I've seen to date, but because I'm a flashlight nut I've got a feeling that an Eiger AAA in brass with the new QTC pill will also be headed my way in the near future.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for ITP A3 EOS as well. I have bought one for each family.

I did also. Love the iTP A3 EOS. By the way I recently bought a new XP-G R5 version and I cannot tell any difference at all in brightness between it and the earlier XP-E Q5. The XP-E Q5 version has just slightly warmer tint. Did a run test today with a fresh fully charged AAA Eneloop and they both ran exactly one hour before starting to dimm.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Best aaa merged with Single AAA LED flashlight keychain.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've already got the best, but what the hay I'll try this REVO SS for fun. It looks like it would make a find gift for those that use their keys for baseball and might find the iTP not durable enough. I find the LF works best as a pocket light rather than keychain because of the clicky... but I confess it has not lived on my keychain. I still like my LD01-SS robust as all get out, and Med. is first which I prefer... I think they changed this on later models.... so sad. the REVO is low first, this will probably kill it for me, but make someone else happy; I just like like the attachment point design, and SS.