Free 18650batterystore Flashlight - UI Makes it unusable?

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some 21700 and 18650's from 18650batterystore, and unexpectedly there was a flashlight in the box. It looks like they give them out for free sometimes

Its of course a very low quality light, however it does take an 18650 which of course I have a bunch of. So free light

BUT, the UI is terrible. It only has 1 switch, and tapping it will cycle between High, Medium, low, strobe and finally SOS. Problem is, simply powering on the light also cycles between these. So If you leave it on high, the next time it will be on medium and you have to cycle all the way back around. Worse when you end up turning it on strobe by accident

Does anyone know how I could modify the light to only have the high function, and nothing else? Or do I just need to toss the light?

Almost actually makes me annoyed actually, I'd rather they saved their money and the raw materials and didn't send it! Junk another thing in the landfill

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I think they have to ship the battery in a light. I ordered 2 -14500 and they each came with a flashlight. I say flashlight very loosely. They weren't worth the gunpowder to blow them to hell

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Ya I think they have to ship the battery in a light. I ordered 2 -14500 and they each came with a flashlight. I say flashlight very loosely. They weren't worth the gunpowder to blow them to hell

Well my light came empty, and and I've bought countless cells without lights, so not sure the idea. I read the same thing, but I don't see any rule stating that anywhere for USPS or UPS, etc

Just seems like a waste of energy really

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I recently sent my Armytek Predator Pro to China for warranty service. Eventually, they did actually replace it with the current model. I asked if they would refund my shipping cost because the light was shown to be defective and broke through no fault of my own. They declined, saying, "we are replacing your light with the current model and all the accessories minus the battery due to shipping regulations. Which should make up for your shipping costs". I knew immediately that was BS. How else are they able to sell the entire package, with battery, on their website? Sure enough, they sent it with a new Armytek branded, 3500mAh battery pre-installed in the light.

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some 21700 and 18650's from 18650batterystore, and unexpectedly there was a flashlight in the box. It looks like they give them out for free sometimes

Its of course a very low quality light, however it does take an 18650 which of course I have a bunch of. So free light

BUT, the UI is terrible. It only has 1 switch, and tapping it will cycle between High, Medium, low, strobe and finally SOS. Problem is, simply powering on the light also cycles between these. So If you leave it on high, the next time it will be on medium and you have to cycle all the way back around. Worse when you end up turning it on strobe by accident

Does anyone know how I could modify the light to only have the high function, and nothing else? Or do I just need to toss the light?

Almost actually makes me annoyed actually, I'd rather they saved their money and the raw materials and didn't send it! Junk another thing in the landfill
They include that 18650 flashing light very often even if you buy 21700 packs. I have probably over 10 of those. Believe me or not, they are not that bad. I notice they have different kelvin colors depending the batch. I am using those at work and as a gift to friends.