EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

6thtexas

Newly Enlightened
I sure hope he doesn't fall in a creek while he's lugging all that stuff as he is apt to drown!

Shoey Peachew

Newly Enlightened
Best thread in the whole interweb, but people need to post more! Here's my edc stuff.

edcitemsh.jpg

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5vi
Citizen Watch
Lint Free Cloth
Blazer Little Buddy Lighter
Oakley Juliets
Big Skinny Wallet
iPhone
Keychain = Gerber Shard (Name laser etched on it), Maratac AAA flashlight, *Sog Flash I (Love the pocket clip), Tweezers, house key.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
BeggTreeFrogSheath.jpg

XM-18yellowopencopy.jpg

McGizmoHaikusideshotcopy.jpg

SeikoOMsideshotcopy.jpg

When I went out today, I also had my BB Tour & Mission wallet.

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
I'm still amazed by ACHË's kit, and I'm even more amazed that what he posted here is only a portion of something he posted elsewhere. Of course, with a kit like that, you could probably have a whole forum dedicated to it. :bow:

Anyway, moving on...

This is what I keep in my pockets. Other stuff like my wallet, phones, and other items go in a bag - but that's for another post.

I've got 2 lights, knife & multi-tool, 2 lighters, a whistle, keys. I want to add a Gerber Shard (or some other pry tool) and some sort of fuel canister to the mix. My sunglasses probably belong in there too, but sometimes (at night) I leave them in the car.

When I'm on my bike, the SOG, LD10, bracelet, and whistle stay on me (or on the straps of my pack) while the rest go into my backpack / hydration pack.

Last edited:

woodlandmand105

Newly Enlightened
THIS IS MY EDC. :)
- BENCHMADE 556 MINI GRIPTILAN
-SUREFIRE 6P
NOT AS HEAVY AS MOST BUT IT IS PERFECT FOR ME. SOMETIMES I CARRY A SWISS ARMY SUPER TINKER TOO.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK... good idea...

**This is a portion of a post I made a few days ago in EDC Forums.**
**The rest of the post contains a lot of details on the system itself**
**and I left them out since this seems like more of a casual thread,**
**if anyone is interested feel free to ask and I'll edit the post. **

Just like all the previous & current versions of my EDC systems, it is divided into specialized modular "kits", which can and do get switched from bag to bag, as well as a few items which dont really fit into any one kit and are miscelameous in nature.

The kits are:

1. Lighting Kit
2. Tool Kit
3. Fire Kit
4. Signaling Kit
5. Navigation Kit
6. Food & Supplies Kit
7. First Aid/Medical Kit
8. Hygene Kit
9.Writing Kit
10.Misc Items

Well... that's it....

That's my 4th generation Level III EDC system.

I hope you guys like it.

THE END

As something of a preparedness-oriented person myself I've been closely studying your kit and taking notes!

Do you find conditions (or where you venture out to) in Puerto Rico such that this kit is more likely to be needed than, perhaps, in more developed areas?

Amazingly comprehensive Preparedness Kit. I've got a very modest start on a SHTF Bug Out kit and your post here just boggles my mind. Very well done. To have a similar kit in the trunk of one's car would give a lot of reassurance and be worth it's weight in gold in the event of an accident or of a disaster/SHTF scenario of some sort. If terrorism ever starts to escalate here in the USA, this is something I would want to have close at hand for sure. (Including some capable weapons.) Thanks for sharing all of that so meticulously!

Last edited:

COAST

Enlightened
1. Benchmade 551 Griptilian D2 coated blade :)
2. Quark 123^2 Turbo
3. Samsung Propel

All EDC when not in school. Only EDC in school is phone. Occaisonally my Quark, but NEVER the knife.... BM at school= Expulsion!!! :duh2: :eek:oo:

IMG_1005-1.jpg

Last edited:

adamjh3

Newly Enlightened
100_0795.jpg

This is the latest picture I have of my EDC rotation, plus my phone, keys, and wallet.
I'll have to get an updated picture here in the next couple days

Spyderco Native in S30V with FRN handle
Relic watch
My late grandfathers Buck 309
ITP SA1

But my knives cycle daily, I'm more of a knife guy than a light guy (it feels like I'm shifting over to this side of things, though). Lately I've been into the slipjoints, for a while it was little fixed blades, it's a shame my hobbies are so expensive :shakehead

prime77

Enlightened
Here's mine.

014-14.jpg

Surefire Pen
Chapstick
Leatherman KF4
Surefire LX2 head on L4 body
Armour Zippo
Wallet
Casio Wave Ceptor/ Tough Solar Watch
RA Clicky 140C
Chris Reeve Umnumzaan
Coin Bag
Paracord Bracelet

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i cant believe the things some of you guys lugged around on a daily basis! :eek::eek::eek:

for me, a zebra mini ball pen, a quark mini AA attached with a SOG micron, leatherman micra (and some keys), a leather wallet (with a piece of metal mirror tucked into it), mobile phone, a 24x7 lummi wee attached to the necklace and half a pack of tissue (yup.. to shave off excess bulk). i am trying to add a 3rd light to the keys but still deciding on the smallest possible useful lights and some ropes/paracords, but i am already finding my existing stuffs to be too much. i dont want to have to carry a bag or pouch, etc.. so all these EDCs' size matter a lot to me :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
ACHË.. WOW! maybe one day i get as organized as you are. very nice setup. a good reference point. i envy! :)

today:
in my trousers i had:

keychain, house and car keys with..
lummi raw,
sog micron,
leatherman squirt s4.

phone (nokia), wallet (empty :(), sharpie (rarely with me)

quark tac AA. holster.

itp a3. with worksite keys..hanging from keybak super 48 retractable keychain.

old phonecard with 1 ft of metal wire one small ziptie and 2 ft of duct tape (gorilla tape) taped around it. (actually the creditcard sized phonecard still has callminutes left but the actual phonebooths are hard to find these days)

pill fob with 2 painkillers (i got flu now) this is inside a small ziploc bag that had a piece of cut to fit band-aid.

spyderco delica 4.

**jacket pockets:

zebralight sc50,

spare carkey with gerber artifact,

leatherman juice s2.

pack of chewing gum.

some pocket lint and sand/dirt.

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictured:
McGizmo clip
Muyshondt Mako
mini peanut lighter
muyshondt nautilus
surefire cr123
Parker-Edwards Eagle Brand "one-armed bandit"

x2uwlx.jpg

not shown:

work: Leatherman Wave (pouch contains firesteel blank, 2cotton balls, striker)

wallet contains lucky "gold" coin
Iphone 2G Jailbroken/Unlocked (tmobile-suckz)

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Holy crap ACHE, do you have enough stuff there? I mean, I like multi-tools too, but I own three -- a small one, a large one, and an old large one that sits in my desk. I have to ask, in all seriousness, how much of that stuff have you used at least twice since you started carrying it?

Yavox

Enlightened
Hooooly s**t....

ACHE, do you really have enough opportunities of using all of this equipment or it was just a hobby to prepare such a set?!? I am perplexed, amazed, inspired, well, I don't quite know what to say...

All you have shown is really cool and useful... but on the other hand... seems that you are missing only the World War III Kit and you would be prepared for virtually anything...

A lot of time ago I used to think about preparing some modest version of what you have shown, but I think I live such a boring life that most of those things would just be collecting dust, nothing else. What do you do for a living man?

There are usually 2 things in my pocket(s): my wallet with the keys and my mobile phone (HTC Touch Pro at the moment). Sometimes, a flashlight - Mini 123 most of the time. Sometimes - some small folder. But I can go anywhere with just the keys, the wallet and the mobile and I don't feel uncomfortable at all - I would say that 90% of the time I have just those 2-3 things, nothing else.

chenko

Enlightened
ACHE's edc setup is just OMG stuff. I don't know what to say, I feel confused :faint:
If not else, I guess it was lots of fun to put toghether. Nice job.

My EDC is layered, I have the very basic stuff on myself (gotta keep it very, very light and small) plus more stuff in my man purse and the rest in the backpack. I'm showing just the very first layer, I don't have pictures of all the rest right now.

This small trio goes in my right front pocket:
EDC_DSC_7640_web.jpg

Toghether with my much loved Leatherman Skeletool, which goes clipped into the coins' pocket:
skeletool_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.