• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger 10180 or 10280, is it DD? ok for QTC?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you just drop it in and make sure it settles on top of the negative contact post. The foam donut will help keep it in place.

Amazing little things...

bedazzLED

Enlightened
WOW, it does make a big difference to my 10180!

I did not use this light due to the fact it has a power level 8 head and drained the battery pretty much within 5-10 minutes. Now it's a usable light and works great.

Tried it with the 10280, 10440 and the Peak Rainier and they all work great!

Now I just have to figure out how to add it to my E05.

BTW I've found a great way to keep the QTC pill in place. I used a dab of Wire-glue electrically conductive solder (no soldering necessary, it's just a paste) and now that little pill stays in place perfectly (not sure how long for though).

MikeE

Newly Enlightened
HI, Yes, I just droped mine in too. Does that wire glue seem to add any resistance? I was concerned that just the QTC would add enough resistance to dimm the light, but I can't tell with my naked eyes. The drop it in method is temporary for me. My idea is some sort of brass disk sandwich with a foam washer in the middle[the meat]. The QTC would go in the hole in the foam washer. The foam washer would be larger than the brass disks to prevent shorting against inside body walls. The brass disks are glued to the foam washer and keep the QTC in. The foam washer should be softer than the QTC and about the same thickness. I think some shin stock would make some nice disks and would keep it thin. I like your glue idea though, sure sounds simple, hope it stays in place, keep us posted. This sandwich may also work with tailcap spring, but I wonder if the spring resists compression enough to compress the QTC. How much pressure does it take to compress QTC? We are really cranking down on it with this springless twisty design!

Last edited:

bedazzLED

Enlightened
The glue doesn't seem to make any difference in the light output. My only concern is how long it will hold. Might have to experiment a little with it and just twist on/twist off a few dozen times to see the effect. Will keep you posted.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curt is already working on something similar to this idea.

When adding anything to the bottom of a Peak, consider the thickness affecting the depth at which the Head o-ring will sit to seal the battery tube. There are only a few mm to play with.

MikeE

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm thinking you can back out the negative contact a little and maybe get rid of the original foam ring to get a little more clearance. The QTC is only 1mm thick, so I think you could make device less than 2mm thick with shim stock. The pocket bodies do not have removable negative contact and I'm not thinking you could get extra room there without grinding the contact down. I am so impressed with these QTC's that I believe it is worth almost whatever it takes to make them fit. These are precision devices at the front edge of technology.

Last edited: