• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

El Capitan Release

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curt,
The single AA El Capitan sounds great, a good replacement for my wife's 2007 vintage L1D RB100. We use those as bicycle helmet lights and I was wondering about current to the LED and current draw with your regulator.
I use Eneloop AA NiMH 2000mAH cells and would like a battery current draw in the range of 700 to 1300mA to get at least 90 minutes of runtime. What is the current draw at 6, 7 and 8 power levels? Can't wait to see beamshots to determine if I should go for medium or narrow options with the XP-G R4. Those bigger dies really screw up reflector calculations so I'm moving slow on this one.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read nothing about a narrow option, is there going to be one?

I was just pondering, if medium optics are available--narrow will soon follow as soon as they are available for the XP-G. My wife wants a narrow beam that runs 2 hours with a high/low output in a single AA light. The only way that can happen is with an optic so Peak gets the nod. Waiting for the multiple output tailbswitch, from what I gather, when it is available the El Capitan can then be converted to multiple output.

The Vein illuminator with 10 watt medical LED, the SR2000 SST-90 light and the El Capitan/Eiger lights are very interesting and I eagerly await more information. Good to know that the SST-90 will have a "M cell" of LiFePO4 in the 10Ah flavor to make it actually useful. The larger size will keep it running cool with a real world run time.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a beam shot comparison with the Eiger medium optic? How about a shot of the front optic itself?

Interesting that it is a little thinner than a Pacific AA body. Thanks.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Does Peak make a compatible extender that will let me use two AAs--say, two L91 lithiums or two NiMH AA cells?

Check out the Product Lineup sticky at the very top of this PEAK page- they do offer some 2 xAA/AAA bodies- there are pics and CAD drawings in it that shows what models offer the tubes- although they are separate tubes and not "extensions"- they are threaded to use the same head. Cost on the 2X tubes varies by metal- they used to be $10 for HA and $15 or so for SS and Brass- but that may have changed.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long will the brass version be available? For that matter, how long with the brass Eigers and P7 Raniers be available?

Curt R

Enlightened
defloyd77:

We now have the narrow optic for the El Cap. There is basically an 85% increase in the foot-candle output of the light.

The listing at the start of this thread was for the medium optic and the XP-G R4 LED. Several years ago the Caribbean
output was 800 fc and the Rainier was 1800 fc. The narrow #8 El Cap is approximately 1200 fc with a Lithium battery
and 3400 fc with the 14500 Lithium-Ion battery.

Rmsk will have them in HA, Brass and SS in about a week.

Curt

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
defloyd77:

We now have the narrow optic for the El Cap. There is basically an 85% increase in the foot-candle output of the light.

The listing at the start of this thread was for the medium optic and the XP-G R4 LED. Several years ago the Caribbean
output was 800 fc and the Rainier was 1800 fc. The narrow #8 El Cap is approximately 1200 fc with a Lithium battery
and 3400 fc with the 14500 Lithium-Ion battery.

Rmsk will have them in HA, Brass and SS in about a week.

Curt

Awesome! How much side spill is there?

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Narrow optic - this is very interesting. It would be very helpful to see a beam comparison between the medium Eiger (which I have so I can get a good estimate), the medium Captain, and narrow Captain.

I would describe the medium Eiger as more a flood light. I would like to see an optic that projected a wide beam with some spill. Maybe the Captain optics can do this.

Curt R

Enlightened
We will be shipping a small number of Narrow beam El Caps to RMSK on the 15 of Dec.

Curt

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still wain' on dem beam shots. A verbal description describing how the compare would suffice in the mean time. :whistle::):poke: