Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, fellas. I have two AVS lights, but only one of them ever sees any use. I've decided to sell the other. It's on the marketplace here.

I've thought about moving 2-3 of mine to better homes too for the same reason, but having a difficult time deciding if I should or not.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought about moving 2-3 of mine to better homes too for the same reason, but having a difficult time deciding if I should or not.

I have a disordered tendency to pick up two of every light I like, plus spare parts. The AVS is a fantastic piece of equipment, but I'm convinced that one will outlive me. Beyond that, my Malkoff collection is growing and I'm creating redundancy.

Thank you for your kind words on my WTS thread.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys? Do you have more than one Elzetta AVS light? If so, what specific role do they fill in your lighting needs?

I have a disordered tendency to pick up two of every light I like, plus spare parts. The AVS is a fantastic piece of equipment, but I'm convinced that one will outlive me. Beyond that, my Malkoff collection is growing and I'm creating redundancy.

Thank you for your kind words on my WTS thread.

I agree, i bought some spares of lights i like most. Then realized i would probably not ever need the spares, or something newer and possibly better would come along if i ever did need a replacement. as far as my comment in your wts thread; any time:thumbsup:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always done the same. If I find something that I really like, I buy another or two. With lights like Elzetta and Malkoff there's (sadly) no need, as the first one is unlikely to let you down. Mind you, I haven't sold my duplicate Malkoffs, that would be heresy.
p

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Stick 'em in your safe or something unless you know someone who'll benefit from them. In a year or two you may decide you're glad you did.
I'm glad I bought a backup Alpha 315 even though it's still nip. First the first year I considered trading, selling or gifting oh... probably 100 times. But not now. No way.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick 'em in your safe or something unless you know someone who'll benefit from them. In a year or two you may decide you're glad you did.
I'm glad I bought a backup Alpha 315 even though it's still nip. First the first year I considered trading, selling or gifting oh... probably 100 times. But not now. No way.
Probably good advise. :thumbsup:

I've been playing with them a little every night this past week. I bought them in a specific fashion to be able to get a feel for the different options offered. This makes it even harder. I had a bunch of Malkoff's too but recently let many of them go; mainly because things are tight this month and I do not need 30 lights. I definitely have a light that will fit any situation I'll need.

I still have a good 15 lights or so. I will hang onto what I have for now. I still have a lot of years left in my life, so I'm sure there will be more to come along the way. Thanks

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well if you need the money, you need the money. And passing them onto official light junkies makes sure they go to proper homes versus some friend or family member who'll end up sticking it in a tackle box to get ruined when those plastic lures get all melti-fied to it.

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that was some heavy duty reading! Finally caught up and not a moment too soon - my Bravo with AVS should arrive tomorrow!!

I don't even know what tipped me over the edge (probably flashlightguide.com) I just started looking into them and was instantly drawn to them for whatever reason.

I folded and bought a B133 but in the brief time waiting for my first Bravo to arrive I have also snapped up one of the OR bored bodies with low profile head and high/low tail. I wasn't going to but there was four left for what seemed like ages but then two sold in the one day so I had to pull the trigger. I also justified this purchase due to reviews on Jim's site of the special bored bodies LOL

Oh well, now I better head over and suss out a Malkoff to stuff into the low profile head. Who knows where this is gonna end...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that was some heavy duty reading! Finally caught up and not a moment too soon - my Bravo with AVS should arrive tomorrow!!

Congratulations on the purchase! I agree that the B133 is the optimal AVS configuration. Having one bored out? That's just classy.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Who knows where this is gonna end...

Well...the AVS head will end up on the bored Bravo and the low profile head will have to get a Malkoff M61N drop-in, the Prometheus clip is sure nice...a lanyard ring could have its uses...that single output 18650 Bones sure would be nice to have around...the Charlie puts out 900 lumens and doubles as a kubotan...AVS flood lens might be handy...a crenelated bezel would be cool...an Alpha would sure be handy...

Not that any of this happened to me.

Good luck! You and your wallet have both my congrats and condolences! [emoji6]

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Another junkie has bloomed....

Ha no offence but you and Grizz have both played a substantial part in this thread (amongst others of course - your avatar and Grizz's green supporter avatar stick out more than others in my view though) so I can thank you guys for all the contributions and my wife can blame you for the limited savings in the coming months, cool!?

Well...the AVS head will end up on the bored Bravo and the low profile head will have to get a Malkoff M61N drop-in, the Prometheus clip is sure nice...a lanyard ring could have its uses...that single output 18650 Bones sure would be nice to have around...the Charlie puts out 900 lumens and doubles as a kubotan...AVS flood lens might be handy...a crenelated bezel would be cool...an Alpha would sure be handy...

Not that any of this happened to me.

Good luck! You and your wallet have both my congrats and condolences! [emoji6]

Hmm something went wrong - I went to the Malkoff site to look for drop-ins for my spare Bravo but I left wanting a HD-Super and a Wildcat...maybe this is the wrong thread to seek help with that matter.... ;)

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm something went wrong - I went to the Malkoff site to look for drop-ins for my spare Bravo but I left wanting a HD-Super and a Wildcat...maybe this is the wrong thread to seek help with that matter.... ;)

@MX421, your inbox is full. I've been trying to send you a PM.

@DIO, We'll be happy to enable...er, uh assist you over on the Malkoff Junie thread.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks Dio.
Yeah the Grizzman taught me a lot early on and gladly passed along Malkoff fever. Oh, it's curable but the bill is kinda high. lol.

Never got a bad case of Elzetta fever... just Alpha fever.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Aren't you a member of the Bones Brigade as well?

Holy head-rush Batman!! I should face the firing squad for forgetting that.

And...
Holy time warp Batman! Bones Brigade.

IMG_20171023_171807.jpg
Woohoo. Old school all the way.

Last edited: