End of the World this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Tomorrow ? ? ?

Hey, i thought we still had another 18 months !

That's the LAST time i EVER believe those Mayans ! ! !

:hairpull:

_

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's Saturday noon in this part of the world now. *crunching potato chips, staring at the sky, wondering what light to buy next*

Anyway, will be spending the night on a paranormal investigation trip.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we take our flashlights?

I'm charging all my batteries now. After the sun explodes and the earth is flung into the dark void, at least we'll still have our lights.

But that brings up an important question.

Somebody needs to call SureFire customer service and see if their Lifetime No-Hassle Warranty is still valid after the end of the World.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my bike ride, I filled my tires with air, so when the gasoline runs out, I'll still be able to get around.

I don't think this link was posted yet, so for those who don't want to be Greatly Disappointed...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's someplace just off to the East of me, a school or church, which is scanning the sky with a rather impressive searchlight; it's bouncing off some high altitude scattered clouds directly over my house. So if anything comes out of the clouds, I'll be able to see it..

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, New Zealand should have been raptured an hour ago, and there's been no news. I've got an hour left...

Edit: sorry, believers. No earthquake, no jesus. Prepare for the official excuses!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Edit: sorry, believers. No earthquake, no Jesus. Prepare for the official excuses!

Actually, real Christians (the ones who have read The Bible) already know that no one can predict the end of the world. It says so in the Bible. Anyone who tries, even a preacher, is a liar. It's not as though Jesus is going to call ahead and make a reservation. Sorry, no advanced warning. Real Christians know this. It's a part of the Faith.

Okay, not trying to open up this thread into a religious discussion. Just wanted to clear up that one particular point. I'll be in Manhattan in a few hours. What are you guys up to on the "last" day?

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Not exactly sure where I read it, but somebody was asked the same kind of question; if they had one day to live, what would they do?

I'm going to give the same answer. "I'm going to spend my last day at work".

Why you ask?

"Because EVERY day at work seems like a freakin' eternity!"

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not exactly sure where I read it, but somebody was asked the same kind of question; if they had one day to live, what would they do?

I'm going to give the same answer. "I'm going to spend my last day at work".

Why you ask?

"Because EVERY day at work seems like a freakin' eternity!"

That's a good one.

A married man was once asked what would he do on the last day. His response:

"What would I do? . . . My wife."

(She was standing next to him. That was the smart answer.) :grin2:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, real Christians (the ones who have read The Bible) already know that no one can predict the end of the world. It says so in the Bible. Anyone who tries, even a preacher, is a liar. It's not as though Jesus is going to call ahead and make a reservation. Sorry, no advanced warning. Real Christians know this. It's a part of the Faith.

Okay, not trying to open up this thread into a religious discussion. Just wanted to clear up that one particular point. I'll be in Manhattan in a few hours. What are you guys up to on the "last" day?

I was already aware of that point :) I meant believers in today's rapture.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
............ What are you guys up to on the "last" day?

In a burst of extreme optimism, I placed an order with Lighthound. If the world comes to an end before the order arrives, maybe I can get a refund.

Other than that I'm cooped up inside because my allergies are killing me, so the world can crash and burn with my blessing today!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this year we get two "Fools" day. One on April 1, the other on May 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom