Eneloop/Duraloop help

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
I have never seen a white-topped Made in China Duracell. Could you please post some kind of proof to this statement?

I am not saying you are wrong, but I am trying to follow along with all the different threads.

Do you have a picture of a Duraloop white-topped battery that is Made in China? I try and follow along with these threads, but I was not aware that this was "completely accruate for a year now". Any help to all of us would be appreciated.

i've personally seen them in walmart and target. but more importantly, if it's made in china and not japan, it's NOT a duraloop.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2809955&postcount=12

i can't find the original post which clued cpf into it, but it was shortly after rayovac hybrids started showing up with white tops.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
did they still have the square positive button?

I'm also curious about the print quality on these white top china cells vs. white top duraloops. I found an old AA/AAA charger that comes with 2 LSD cells, they look much different than the rayovac cells that are in the newer models, with more pixelated printing. I can't see the tops of the cells due to the product packaging.

distrbd

Newly Enlightened
:wave:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned Today but I'll say it in case you live in Toronto Canada ,the local Costco here in Toronto has the Precharged "made in Japan" white top Duraloop on sale for $19.99 per pack.
Each package has 6x AA plus 4x AAA batteries.
Actual price:$24.99.
I think it's not a bad deal.:thumbsup:

fishinfool

Enlightened
:wave:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned Today but I'll say it in case you live in Toronto Canada ,the local Costco here in Toronto has the Precharged "made in Japan" white top Duraloop on sale for $19.99 per pack.
Each package has 6x AA plus 4x AAA batteries.
Actual price:$24.99.
I think it's not a bad deal.:thumbsup:

Canada seems to always get the great deals. :ironic:

tandem

Enlightened
in Toronto Canada ,the local Costco here in Toronto has the Precharged "made in Japan" white top Duraloop on sale for $19.99 per pack. Each package has 6x AA plus 4x AAA batteries.

That's not a bad price at all ($2 per cell), but not as cheap as when 4 packs (AA or AAA) go on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for 6.99 (1.75/cell)

For the record, we don't get all the breaks up here in Canada. Flashlights (remember them?) tend to be more expensive up here when all is said and done.

But at least we get to feed 'em cheap!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up buying that 4-port independent channel duracell charger, and it came with 2 AA "duraloops". Sweet.

Also worth noting, the walgreens around here has 4-packs for 9.99, usually 16.99. Keep an eye on dates, out of the AAA and AA's, only 3 packs were 2009, the others were 2007.

Jamesy

Newly Enlightened
I just bought three packs of Duraloops (Duracell AA, 2000 mAh, white tops made in Japan) and was wondering if there is a difference between nGen 1 and gen 2? I bought what looks to be a newer version that have a band around each cell branded "Duralock" and the package says rechargable up to 400X - the package also says StayCharged. I have numerous Eneloops and they said 1000X (Gen.1) and 1500X (Gen.2) for the lastest version.

- Are the newer Duraloops like mine perhaps no longer Eneloops?

Thanks in advance!

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops are not really rechargeable 1000X or 1500X. This is a marketing claim based on an inventive definition of what a "charge" is, and how to determine when a battery is no longer rechargeable. If you consider a recharge to be a full discharge followed by a full charge, and the capacity to be substantially unchanged, then the number of recharges is in the low 100's. This is still pretty good, however.

Jamesy

Newly Enlightened
Eneloops are not really rechargeable 1000X or 1500X. This is a marketing claim based on an inventive definition of what a "charge" is, and how to determine when a battery is no longer rechargeable. If you consider a recharge to be a full discharge followed by a full charge, and the capacity to be substantially unchanged, then the number of recharges is in the low 100's. This is still pretty good, however.
Interesting, I was just trying to muddle through the different definitions set forth by Duracell and Sanyo for what is seemingly the same product. I found a picture after my initial post yesterday that you had posted and it was very helpful - thank you!
It is here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...top-duracell&p=4147156&viewfull=1#post4147156

The Duraloop I bought yesterday are clearly Rev. A - good to know.

What are the main differences between Rev. 0 and Rev. A?

lightcycle1

Enlightened
I'm pretty new to all this so please take this with a grain of salt however at the local supermarket I found energizers marked as 4x longer runtime and LSD with a 1 year charge retention shelf life. They are also marked 2300 mAh and are a lot better than my energizer 2000mAh rechargeables. I also have a set pf 1300 mAh energizer nimh chargies which are junk.

The new 2300 mAh energizer LSD's have been pretty good for what they are though.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hi, the 3rd gen. Came out first in their original (white) color. They still sell them in most shops. On top of that they have these special editions. Which are really good looking. Next month there will the 4th gen. Which will have a different logo (shame). But are white, no special editions yet.
my thread has lots of info on the different types of eneloops.
feel free to post there.

LlF

Newly Enlightened
hello, i just got myself a first "nice" flashlight, the LD12, so im looking for battery infos.
after reading these threads I decided to find my rechargeable battery stash that I stopped to use after all the camera switched to proprietary rectangular batteries. (ok maybe not that old but i haven't used these rechargeables in a long time)

what I found: 2 AA that looks exactly like this one but made in Singapore
and 2 AA that seems to be duraloop, (made in japan with white top ring) lol jackpot?!
I tried them out, the accu are weak but the duraloop still have strong juice in them.

My question is I have only a duracell 15 min charger, which apparently is bad for battery life. So im looking for a charger, preferably one I can get in local B&M store:

Is the apple charger a good choice?

what i know about the apple charger: it can charge 1AA at a time, which is good for me.
it takes 300min to charge, comparing to the eneloop brand overnight charger on eneloop.info , it only take half of the time to charge, which I have no idea how to interpret.\

Add: I realize this is probably not the thread to ask about charger.

but i found two other duraloops, pack of 4, make sense, there are also 4 aaa and 7 aa, not duraloop, all dead, cant even recharge. now if i get the apple charge i get 6 more that i dont need....

Last edited:

mike280z

Newly Enlightened
Now I'm really confused. Set out to find some of these famous duraloops... he closest I could find was a Japanese made 2400 mah precharged black tops... Japanese made though.... Should I get them? Or pay the extra $7 difference !d have the real duraloop mailed to my door?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm really confused. Set out to find some of these famous duraloops... he closest I could find was a Japanese made 2400 mah precharged black tops... Japanese made though.... Should I get them? Or pay the extra $7 difference !d have the real duraloop mailed to my door?

Duraloops, along with all other Duracell rechargeables (like the Chinese LSDs and the 2450 HSDs) have been discontinued. Target actually had a sale some time ago where they got rid of their Duraloops for next to nothing. All of these cells have been replaced by these new 2400mAH 'Ion Core' batteries. Some say that these MAY be rebadged Eneloop XXs. But this has certainly not been confirmed. Also, the new AAA batteries are still only 800mAH (unlike the Eneloop XX).

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a pack of 4 aaa from 2012 at a yardsale for $1 today.
Going to test them soon on the c9000

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a pack of 4 aaa from 2012 at a yardsale for $1 today.
Going to test them soon on the c9000

They should still be worth the $1.

I bought 3 quads of AAs back in 2012ish, when Target was blowing them out for $1.67 a quad and after 10 years, they're almost still up to spec...say 97%, if not more.

Great find for a dollar.

Chris