Epic AAA Run-time test (low level only!)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know but I wasn't worried one bit as I have done several deep discharges in the past without any incidence. heck I still have Eveready Nicad cells from 1991 still usable and they have been through hell over the years.

IIRC SilverFox did a little deep-discharge abuse testing of Eneloops/Duraloops not too long ago and concluded that there appeared to be minimal damage from single-cell overdischarge. Two cells in series were considered to be at significantly greater risk due to the possibility of reverse charging the lower of the two cells. FWIW, :shrug:

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like many of us, I'll be cheering for the new "Subzero", but I have a feeling it's going to be the Fenix E01. Time will tell, I suppose.

I have a red Eiger in level 1, it outruns my E01 on NiMH, I'm going to say the Subzero's going to come out on top.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a red Eiger in level 1, it outruns my E01 on NiMH, I'm going to say the Subzero's going to come out on top.

I know the Zebralight H50 on AAs will do around 3 days on low. Doing the math that AAA= 1/3 of AA, would mean 24-30 hours on the AAA but Zebralights tend to shut off before batteries are drained, so other than that I'd say the Liteflux LF2XT or the Eiger #Subzero.

Darvis

Enlightened
My guess is that Curt, Robyn and Mark had better brace themselves for an influx of zero and sub-zero Eiger orders... Just a guess, of course...

scout24

Flashaholic
Beacon-:bow::bow::bow: You da Man!!! Can't wait to see the zero and sub zero times... Is there any way we can see something of a comparative beamshot of the peaks together? Mine were on Coppertops, these should be interesting...:D off to research Valiant concepts and ElCaps...

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beacon-:bow::bow::bow: You da Man!!! Can't wait to see the zero and sub zero times... Is there any way we can see something of a comparative beamshot of the peaks together? Mine were on Coppertops, these should be interesting...:D off to research Valiant concepts and ElCaps...

Scout let me know if you decide to do a test. I have a El Cap. #0 that I can let you borrow for the test.

Beacon I have an extra Mako that you can borrow for your test as well. PM me if you guys want to include it or not.:grin2:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fisk is the Mako a low lumen light? I thought it was a high dollar super bright light.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
My $ is on the sub-zero, but I'd love to see an old single LED Kilimanjaro in there!

Kilimanjaro is AA though. I will be getting a single LED Matterhorn HP (high power) and single LED Matterhorn SP (standard power) in Group B.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok and they're off!!! Group A got started right at 11pm and hour later than I said, but it's on!

A1-8-13-11pmz.jpg

1 - Eiger #0
2 - Eiger #Subzero
3 - Ray S20
4 - IlluminaTi
5 - Maratac (cu)
6 - Maratac (al)

A2-8-13-11pmz.jpg

Q - Quark 1xAA moon mode

7 - 4Sevens Preon 2
8 - 4Sevens Preon
9 - Fenix E01
10-Liteflux LF2XT
11-Zebralight H50 (AAA)
12-iTP EOS 3-mode upgrade

Last edited:

linty

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I can't wait for the results of this, I was actually in the neighbourhood for a candle style of light to put in my tent as a "on all night" sorta night light. The Zebra looks intriguing.

Maybe off topic, but what are the lumen levels for the low mode for each light? How many lumens would be useful for the scenario above? (sorry is that is jacking a thread, if it is, just disregard)

Latest posts