Exterminator looking for...

Coleslaw38

Newly Enlightened
I need a decent primary light for inspections. Led must be white and anywhere between 100-200 lumens with easily selected modes, must use single AA, digitally regulated (I will not stand for a constantly dimming light), and preferably come with belt holster, needs decent drop testing marks, and ipx-8 waterproof. Also need it to have a decent hot spot and not too floody. Need all this for under $100. I've been looking at zebra lights but are unsure if they are digitally regulated. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated. Thanks.

joe1512

Enlightened
Zebralights should be fine. Almost all modern flashlights that arent big-box models are regulated., and most are pretty tough (no moving parts other than the switch), and have some waterproofing. The zebralight is probably the most efficient right now, with 200 luemsn out of a single AA which is amazing.

You might also consider a High CRI light. This is a lot harder to find but basically allows for better color renditioning which might be important for inspections. So you can tell different color wires apart easily.

Coleslaw38

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'm actually looking for a cool white light rather than a warm white or cri only because during my inspections colors don't really matter so much. The thing that matters is contrast between different surfaces as well as moving critters. Through my experience the cooler led's work with my eyes a little better in that aspect.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
When you say AA, do you mean an alkaline battery, rather than an enloop, etc?