Eznite : 10W HID Torch made by Jillite _ coming shortly

L

LITEmania

jonman007 said:
Anyone able to explain to me what an electro-forming reflector is?

The way Polarion makes their reflectors :thumbsup:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
can we see a picture of the whole light in the one posted all you can see is the name did some one mention 500 lumens/ 3 times 18650 cells/ ballasted is this correct.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a interesting product :)

But i must admit i dont care very much for the partial picture tease.
We want to see the whole light ;)

Benny

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very exciting. I look forward to seeing the whole light. I also look forward to pricing and specs.
Any guess as to timeframe until more news is released?

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonman007 said:
Anyone able to explain to me what an electro-forming reflector is?

Its a electro-formed reflector.. not forming!!

Electro-formed is a process during which a reflector is deposited on a preformed dome with a defined shape. That shape can be elliptical, spherical or in our flashlight-case, parabolic.

The result is a high quality mirror-smooth reflector that can be provided with a highly durable Rhodium-coating, Aluminium+quartz-coating or a very efficient 'cold' multilayer- coating.

Here is one of the best manufacturers of electro-formed reflectors:

http://www.optiforms.com/3000products/31320parabolic/3132parabolicGEO.html

Regards,

Ra.

sorka

Newly Enlightened
So let me get this straight: for 1 inch longer than this light, you can get either a 24 watt boxer or 24 watt microfire which is almost 2.5 times brighter?

LowTEC

Enlightened
sorka said:
So let me get this straight: for 1 inch longer than this light, you can get either a 24 watt boxer or 24 watt microfire which is almost 2.5 times brighter?
actually it is like more than 3 times more lumens, but that's the nature of HID; the higher the wattage, the higher efficiency is.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
While I was quite interested in small HIDs a while back ... IMHO the new LEDs have killed this application. Take three Cree or Seoul LEDs ... and you got a smaller package with the same luminous flux and longer runtime and better efficiency ... and no startup and bulb to break.
Even the 24W HID isn't that safe from the attack from LED any more.
IMHO of course.
bernie

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
While I was quite interested in small HIDs a while back ... IMHO the new LEDs have killed this application. Take three Cree or Seoul LEDs ... and you got a smaller package with the same luminous flux and longer runtime and better efficiency ... and no startup and bulb to break.
Even the 24W HID isn't that safe from the attack from LED any more.
IMHO of course.
bernie

If your looking for a "Throw" light then NOTHING currently available touches an HID.

Mac

Sable

Enlightened
Seconded on that. I said it once before, but multi-emitters can make the same lumens out the window, but they just aren't going to throw like an HID.

L

LITEmania

yes, one etendue is stronger than any mupltiple ones.

Price is not even fixed.

Release of product is E/FEB or B/March.
Entire product picture will be opened next weekend...
sorry for keep teasing... :bow:

L

LITEmania

I am thinking to allocate one full unit ( primary/rechargeable ) for pass around.
Please stand in a que. :popcorn:
Each person can play with it for 3days.
Only for US members.
Sorry for Canadian member, the custom officer will stop it...:sigh:
I will do an auction after the pass around finished.

warren,

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
If possible, I'm in too!!

For a direct comparishon with this:

miniminiyk7.jpg

Ohh,, :ohgeez: Sorry, I mean this:

img6704ps4.jpg

Oh :awman: WHY ALWAYS ONLY US-MEMBERS ???? THE BEST LIGHTS ARE MADE IN HOLLAND !!! :naughty:

Edit: I hope you know that with all this teasing, you must come up with something very, very exiting to keep us satisfied !!

It must read at least 2000 lux at 10meters !!

Regards,

Ra.

Last edited:

jonman007

Newly Enlightened
Thanks LITEmania and Ra, electro-formed makes much more sense. When I read 'electro-forming' in the description i thought it might be some new way to vary the beam's focus... wishful thinking i guess.

L

LITEmania

Ra said:
Oh :awman: WHY ALWAYS ONLY US-MEMBERS ???? THE BEST LIGHTS ARE MADE IN HOLLAND !!! :naughty:
Ra :
I visited BEST, Netherland in 2001.
OK, Someone in US may send you this light at the end of pass around across the atlantic ocean.
Bart may stand next to you. :)
warren,

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonman007 said:
Thanks LITEmania and Ra, electro-formed makes much more sense. When I read 'electro-forming' in the description i thought it might be some new way to vary the beam's focus... wishful thinking i guess.

I never thought of it that way.. WOW,, that would be something !! I'll look for possibillities for designing the new "Electro-forming" reflector !!

Edit: WOW LITEmania, I never thought you would do this.. Many thanks !! What a great community this is !!

Regards,

Ra.

Last edited:
L

LITEmania

jonman007 said:
Edited the main post as 'electro-formed reflector'. Thanks. :)