Eznite : 10W HID Torch made by Jillite _ coming shortly

Patriot

Flashaholic
On the subject of TIR, I thought you might enjoy this.
http://www.carclo-optics.com/Web-Shop-Downloads.70.0.html
I was talking to Curt at Peak, he said something about maybe making a light using this and one of the new k2's. This sucker can pull a 3 deg beam supposedly. Plus instant on.

Here are some old threads I managed to dredge up about it and it's smaller 50mm brother.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206524

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/48131

While at carlco I also noticed they have a section up for the Luminus sst-90...:popcorn:
EDIT: Sorry, I guess from carlcos site you'd need to go to the webshop->luxeon->other optics-> 60mm. I guess cut and paste does not work with their site. The thing looks a bit like a mix between a tir and a mirror system I'd expect to see in a telescope. Also suprisingly shallow. Somehow I know you'll be the first in AZ to have one of these mounted to your ma deuce.:devil:

Thank you Ryan. I'm digging through this stuff now, none of which I've seen before. It's quite in depth so it's going to take me a while to absorb. I think TIRs are fascinating and probably the future of LED projection. It's nice to see Surefire using them more and more and one of the reasons I'm always impressed with their products. Very few are using TIRs on EDCs.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

P.S. no longer a ma deuce in the family. :mecry: but there may be a single shot Match LAR in the future. :)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if anyone has tried to swap a 14 w ballast and bulb into an EZnite. I wonder if it would work with the focusing system.

Patriot

Flashaholic
While no one as actually mentioned the 14W in the Eznite yet, I was also wondering the same thing. If the physical size of the 14W is any larger though, I would doubt it could fit into the tiny body of the Jil. The other thing I would worry about was heat since the light already gets so warm as it is. I think Jil should make a new 14W version though! :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
It would be neat but they'd have to improve the color. I think the demise of 10-14W HIDs is here with this new generation of LED's. They still can't throw the same but the sheer output is amazing. Especially from the Ostar.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if anyone has tried to swap a 14 w ballast and bulb into an EZnite. I wonder if it would work with the focusing system.

The new ballasts are pretty much identical. I have been boring the host 1mm deeper for the new ballasts but it may work fine with the Eznite.

Mac

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
Mac kinda already covered everything. I'm using these:
http://batteryjunction.com/rc390reliba.html and yes, they're "900mah." The rechargeables yield brighter light because of the additional voltage. There is also less fade at the bottom edge of the corona with the 4 x 3.0V RCRs. After about 25 minutes though there is virtually no difference in the appearance of the beam vs. primaries. I like the convenience of the 3.0V RCRs though and I don't feel like I'm hammering the ballast as with 4 x 3.7V RCRs, although as Mac stated it sounds like at least one person is getting away with it. I wasn't quite that brave. :)
Hi Paul, I would like to know which charger are you using for this cell?
- Can I use my Pila IBC charger to charge this Tenergy 3.0v with no hard or danger to both?

Thanks!

Jeff

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hi Paul, I would like to know which charger are you using for this cell?
- Can I use my Pila IBC charger to charge this Tenergy 3.0v with no hard or danger to both?

Thanks!

Jeff

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days but it looks like Metatron has you all taken care of. :)

Latest posts