Fake Philips HID bulbs very common now, in fact on the internet most are Counterfeits

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm fortunate that I've been to China a number of times, know my supplier (a wholesaler) and have never had any reason to suspect that they are not supplying what they say they are. However, they have said to me on more than a few occasions, that there are many fakes out there and that their advantage is that they only buy direct ex factory. Not every wholesaler, or retailer, is as ethical so, for the general public, whether they get genuine or a fake is something of a lottery.

You have a lot to learn about Chinese business ethics. I assure you, you have been scammed. TC and CHNlight were never given any Philips IP rights, they were uses by Philips HK for rebasing operations, they took liberties after that. SOP for Chinese business. I know the game in China well.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I think now's a good time to bring this thread to a close. There's a lot of important good information here that will help people learn what they need to know to avoid phony/counterfeit bulbs. I'll close with a couple of pictures I've received in spam sent from China to the inboxes of myself and my colleagues in recent times, to illustrate and punctuate the main point of this thread: pay attention to everything about the product you are being offered, including not only the brand name but the source and the price.

Chinese_HID.png

Chinese_HID_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.