Favorite Benchmade??

Joe_Karp

Newly Enlightened
Right now my favorite Benchmade is the 730-1202 in M390. Here's a couple of pics:

P1000147.jpg

P1000146.jpg

Enjoy!

Spherediving

Newly Enlightened
Daily EDC is a Ritter Grip with Carbon fibre scales with the M4 Blade. if it's not that one in my pocket its the 940, I have 3 of each and love them to death :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
After losing some of my favorite Benchmades to theft my new favorite is the 580 and I'm really enjoying the blade shape. Took out the assist mechanism and it's a great all-arounder.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
After losing some of my favorite Benchmades to theft my new favorite is the 580 and I'm really enjoying the blade shape. Took out the assist mechanism and it's a great all-arounder.

+ 1 to this. I have the 581 Barrage, and I love it. It feels great in the hand - not a plastic thing, it has some heft to it. Definitely my favorite knife for now...

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
+ 1 to this. I have the 581 Barrage, and I love it. It feels great in the hand - not a plastic thing, it has some heft to it. Definitely my favorite knife for now...
I'm actually liking the blade more than I thought that I would, with it being a lot straighter than most anything I've carried before now.

Did you take out the spring or are you going to leave it in?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you take out the spring or are you going to leave it in?

I'm planning on acquiring a 940 next - until I get that and use it for a bit, I'm not making any changes to my 581. I don't mind a slow close - as long as I can get it open fast, I'm happy for now, and I do like the action on the assisted opening. The option is on the table though, for later. We'll see.

MichaelT

Newly Enlightened
So far I only have 1 benchmade and its the mini-Grip. It is one of my favorite knives!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm planning on acquiring a 940 next - until I get that and use it for a bit, I'm not making any changes to my 581. I don't mind a slow close - as long as I can get it open fast, I'm happy for now, and I do like the action on the assisted opening. The option is on the table though, for later. We'll see.
The nice thing about taking out the spring is that you can open it just as fast as with the assist, but also close it one-handed and just as quickly as you opened it. To reverse, just put the spring back in, although I never will.

Flavor

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the benchmade barrage. After having this for a while, I would not go back to anything else :) Assisted opening and has a saftey lock on it just in case!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I would go with the benchmade barrage. After having this for a while, I would not go back to anything else :) Assisted opening and has a saftey lock on it just in case!
I bought my Barrage here in the MarketPlace a couple months ago to replace my beloved Presidio's, but don't think I'll be going back.

I use the 580 for food preparation along with any other normal use you could think of for a knife and am completely in love with the blade design and like you, have really taken a liking to the safety lock mechanism.

The one change I made was to pull out the assisted opening spring and I think I'm just going to throw it away since I'll never use it.

seanborn1979

Newly Enlightened
The McHenry-Williams 710 was my favorite for the last 10+ years. It has retired to a place of honor on top of my dresser. Its new fat brother the Siebert Adamas 275BKSN has taken its place in my Riggs. Between the G10 handle and the .17" thick D2 blade, this knife feels indestructible. It flicks out easier than my 710 did also. Going from a 154CM to the D2 made me have to upgrade my sharpening system. But hey! I got a free hat with it!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 720 Pardue... I like the aluminum framed BMs

The 470 Emissary is fun to play with, but the assist is quite a disadvantage in terms of speed and single-handed operation. The flick open-/close-ability of the unassisted Axis lock cannot be beat.

10347747073_e6166c3f17_z.jpg

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
I've got many Benchmades in a variety of flavors, but my favorites are the Presidios (both sizes), the Rifts and most recently the large Grips. Of those four, the one that gets the most pocket time is a run-of-the-mill, beat-up, serrated 154CM Rift that I bought used. I have a severe, debilitating mental condition that prevents me from using any of my knives if they are NIB. :confused:

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Favorites, 950-1201, 720 (swapped handle to a g-10 handle from a 723).

I like Benchmade in general, followed closely by Spyderco.

Jakefreese

Newly Enlightened
My old original Pardue with the carbon handles is my favorite. I only have a mini griptillian now....

Asura72

Newly Enlightened
This is a difficult one… Benchmade is my favourite manufacturer, in part because they have so many great knives to choose from.

Of course it depends on size. I love the 710 and my Mini Rukus but for me they are slightly too big for EDC. I have a Doug Ritter Minigrip which is another great option.

I also have a 707 Sequel which packs an impressive amount of blade into a small overall package.

Overall I think that my favourite Benchmade is one I haven't got yet, the 705. It's the same size as the 707 but has the styling of its big brother the 710. Unfortunately the 705 is discontinued so the chances of getting one are slim.