Favorite quotes

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just happen to stumble upon this post, very entertaining thread indeed:).

This is a quote that I read from this site while researching info on my new light I just purchased.

Dano:1

It's threads like these, were people complain about a product, and seem to think that they have some foresight above and beyond a major company's research, product, and development, market placement, etc, without even having the product in hand, that makes me think that CPF is heading in the wrong direction; that of an elitist, never satisfied group.

A very powerful and moving statement, IMHO, that speaks volumes in alot of cases.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forget who it was that said that, "if the car market progression had followed the computer market model, today's cars would cost $1000, get 100 miles to the gallon, and then once a year for no particular reason explode and kill all of the occupants."

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the Boston tea party.

"..boarded the three ships and tipped their entire cargo of fine British tea into Boston harbour rendering it undrinkable... even for an American."

iapyx

Enlightened
When Wim Duisenberg was president of the CEB (Central European Bank) a few years ago he always got the same question asked over and over again: "Is the CBE going to change the interest rate?"

He never answered those questions except for once. He looked at the journalists and said:
"I hear but I don't listen"