Favourlight Mini Lantern Disambiguation Guide

LogFish

Newly Enlightened
Hi there -

Just wanted to thank you guys for this conversation. It has been very enlightening, (hahaha! Bet you never got that before!) I'm down in New Zealand and have been looking everywhere for a warm-white LED lantern that isn't massive and $100 - turns out it is impossible. I've talked to NZ specialty LED retailers and they've told me they don't stock any due to the lower light output - seems really shortsighted. (oh man I am full of puns tonight).

Out of desperation, I have actually just emailed Favourlight asking for some quotes buying wholesale, here's hoping they can sell in units of 12 or something, heh. (Edit - nope! minimum quantity 1008pc, $10 a head)

Assuming that plan will fail, and this is a long shot - would anyone know where one might find one of these in Australia or New Zealand?

Thanks anyway, worst case I think I'll just end up buying one for US$28 and paying US$30 to ship it to myself. Just wanted mostly to thank you guys for your conversation on the hunt for these - why they aren't everywhere blows my mind.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, LogFish! Welcome to CPF!

I'll drop you a PM later in the day...I may be able to help you out. ;-)

5/7/11 4:27 P.M. EDT

Hi, LogFish. I tried to send you a PM, but they must not be enabled yet. When you have enough posts to PM, please message me.

Last edited:

JamesKing

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where you can currently buy one of these? It looks like exactly what I am looking for, but everywhere seems to be sold out...

Thanks!

LanternLover

Newly Enlightened
I am assuming that you are referring to the warm white version being sold out everywhere. Seems like this place has them. However, it does say at the bottom of the page:
Condition: re-newed
Also, the price is pretty high. It may be that this particular model has been discontinued. That may not necessarily be a bad thing since it might mean that an improved model is on its way.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good

I never heard of that seller before. A very cool addition to the thread.

Bad

That price is insane.

JamesKing, if you are looking for the warm white version, I may be able to help you out. Please drop me a PM with your country. If you do not yet have the ability to PM, you could post your email like this and I will get in touch with you:

myemail [at] server [dot] com

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, the price is pretty high. It may be that this particular model has been discontinued. That may not necessarily be a bad thing since it might mean that an improved model is on its way.

I called the seller in California (eToolscity), and he told me there are no plans for a new model with a more efficient emitter.

Last edited:

JamesKing

Newly Enlightened
Hi LEDAdd1ct!

Thanks for looking into that link (and I agree the price is insane). I live in Canada and yes, its the warm white version that I am looking for. Feel free to email me: <edit: removed email, contact made!>

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went on a hike yesterday/today, my first solo camping trip. It wasn't really solo, as I met a bunch of really cool guys at the shelter, which made sleeping alone not as scary. I took my one remaining warm white Favourlight Mini Lantern with me, and it bobbed and bounced off my right knee at every step. When I finally went to bed, I hung it off the center of the tent while fussing about with my items, and it was just perfect. This is the first outing I've had with this lantern, and it most certainly will not be the last.

warm light

Newly Enlightened
Wonderful thread, thanks LEDaddict. great looking light. I can't understand why all manufatures are not offering a warm light option. Anyway, I have written to favourlight to see if they can tell me who could supply me with one of these lanterns either in Belgium or to a friend of mine in Hong Kong. (I can't order them from Amazon here) I will keep you posted....(for any interested Belgians!)

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
Does anyone want to get one of these from Amazon and post to Australia for me? Amazon won't ship this to me.

Cheers,
Nova

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still quite expensive, but definitely good news.

eToolscity is the only importer of the warm white version to the United States I know of.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering the Favourlight LTC-1613AA-W. I was concerned about one review on amazon that stated the light only got 6 hours on high and ~10 hours on low, using eneloop batteries. Has anyone done a runtime on these?

ToddC

Newly Enlightened
I just got a LTC-1613AA-W from Amazon. What's the drain of the flashing green indicator?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
@TyJo, I've never performed a runtime test on mine, but I would bet there is one out there. If I find one, I'll add it to the thread. Feel free to post a link if you find one, and I'll add it to the top.

@ToddC, the flashing green indicator has a very, very small drain. I wouldn't worry about it. Someone posted the spec somewhere on this forum. I'll try and dig it up.

Wangstang

Newly Enlightened

warm light

Newly Enlightened
Well, i've had no reply from Flavourlight, so still no luck getting a warm light LED over here in belgium. Could I email you LEDadict? I would be most grateful if you could help me out!!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back from a deliberate four month leave of absence.

warm light, I just read your PM. I took the liberty of contacting one of the dealers for you, and asked whether they would be willing to ship to the EU/UK. He said sure, and he enabled the international shipping option in the e-Bay auction. So, for those of you in Europe who really want these in "AA" warm white, now is your chance.

Here is the obligatory "No affiliation with seller" statement. So, while it was my query on behalf of warm light that triggered the seller to enable the international shipping options, I am most certainly not him. :)

For those interested, go to e-Bay and search "Cree XLamp Warm White Camping LED" and it will come right up, along with international shipping options.

Enjoy!