Favourlight Mini Lantern Disambiguation Guide

warm light

Newly Enlightened
Back from a deliberate four month leave of absence.

warm light, I just read your PM. I took the liberty of contacting one of the dealers for you, and asked whether they would be willing to ship to the EU/UK. He said sure, and he enabled the international shipping option in the e-Bay auction. So, for those of you in Europe who really want these in "AA" warm white, now is your chance.

Here is the obligatory "No affiliation with seller" statement. So, while it was my query on behalf of warm light that triggered the seller to enable the international shipping options, I am most certainly not him. :)

For those interested, go to e-Bay and search "Cree XLamp Warm White Camping LED" and it will come right up, along with international shipping options.

Enjoy!

fantastic! thanks very much for the advice! i have been checking for ages.

warm light

Newly Enlightened
So....I ordered it from toolcity, who now ship to the EU. I was even willing, after all this time, to stump up the rather excessive $25 postage! but then yesterday it arrived and the postman wanted €109 tax and import charges! I refused so it will be sent back to toolscity.

I am NEVER going to get hold of this bloody lamp! (I feel like that bad guy in Aladdin.)

thinker

Newly Enlightened
Can the blinking green LED on these lanterns be disabled?

In a thread on the Rayovac Sportsman SE3DLN, a procedure was described involving removing the case and breaking off the LED by repeated flexing of the leads. Is there a process to do something similar (or even reverseable) on this lantern?

I'm really interested in this product, but unnecessary blinking lights and battery drain bug me. Sorry if this has already been covered. Thanks.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Partially unscrew the bottom lantern cover with the lantern on:

When the bottom cover is unscrewed just enough, you will stop the flow of current, simultaneously stopping the LED from blinking
and also preventing accidental turn on.

If you rotate just enough to turn the lantern off when on, the bottom cover will not fall off by accident. :)

thinker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the hint about partially unscrewing the base. However, I would really like to have a less bothersome way of permanently disabling the blinker. Does anyone know if these lights can be disassembled so I could deal with that pesky blinker once and for all?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
They can be disassembled.

I don't have pictures handy, though.

I'll poke around at some point—if anyone else has photos of the guts, they are welcome in this thread.