FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingstates

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+

Jessica and I plan on coming to camp, putting in for vacation so we can make the whole trip

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there! :)

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping

Sounds like a blast. I'm in. My SO might come with me.

Can you PM me your Paypal so I can reserve a site?

thanks. This will be my first CPF event.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like a blast. I'm in. My SO might come with me.

Can you PM me your Paypal so I can reserve a site?

thanks. This will be my first CPF event.

Hi lightcycle1 - Welcome! we look forward to having you there :) A PM with my paypal info is coming at ya. --Tim

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Re: FCW-10

Paypal sent for FCW-10 event.

Looking fwd to this +meeting some of you folks.
My SO will probably go so she'll be looking for some women-hangout time while we're out wandering in the dark
playing with lights. :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-10 event as of 7-10-13! - THIS IS A ROLLING LIST WHICH WILL BE UPDATED IN LATER POSTS

If your name is on this list in GREEN it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

caution.gif
ONLY 3+ MONTHS TO GO!
Avoid the rush, plan and save your spot now.
biggrin.gif

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 1
Lighthouse one - 1
carrot - 2
lightcycle1 -1

au.gif

--pending confirmation or payment--
sledhead
TEEJ

stan671
nein166
and everyone else

wink2.gif

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-10 event as of 7-11-13! - THIS IS A ROLLING LIST WHICH WILL BE UPDATED IN LATER POSTS

If your name is on this list in GREEN it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

:caution: ONLY 3+ MONTHS TO GO!
Avoid the rush, plan and save your spot now. :D

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 1
Lighthouse one - 1
carrot - 2
lightcycle1 -1
TEEJ - 1

:candle:

--pending confirmation or payment--
sledhead

stan671
nein166
and everyone else

:wave:​

carrot

Flashaholic

Looking forward to all of this! I don't know how many days I'll be able to make it for as I am using up most of my banked vacation time in August but I am definitely there for Saturday and Sunday!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looking forward to all of this! I don't know how many days I'll be able to make it for as I am using up most of my banked vacation time in August but I am definitely there for Saturday and Sunday!

Hi carrot, - looking forward to seeing you and your dad again!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingst

In case you are not following this thread from the start –

As I have done in the past for several FCW events, again this year I reached out to several lighting/camping equipment manufacturers/distributors, to see if they would be interested in supporting our event by providing some products for us to use/test/review.

Dorcy will be providing us with some products. Energizer and Rayovac were given the exact same invitation as Dorcy, but failed to see the value in providing us some products to review (or perhaps they were concerned with having their products face-off against like products from another company in real world testing.

I'm reaching out to a few other companies like Maglite, Life & Gear, Coast, LED Lenser, Black Diamond and a few others, and I will keep you all posted as to who else joins Dorcy in supporting our FCW-10 event.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingst

In case you are not following this thread from the start –

As I have done in the past for several FCW events, again this year I reached out to several lighting/camping equipment manufacturers/distributors, to see if they would be interested in supporting our event by providing some products for us to use/test/review.

Dorcy will be providing us with some products. Energizer and Rayovac were given the exact same invitation as Dorcy, but failed to see the value in providing us some products to review (or perhaps they were concerned with having their products face-off against like products from another company in real world testing.

I'm reaching out to a few other companies like Maglite, Life & Gear, Coast, LED Lenser, Black Diamond and a few others, and I will keep you all posted as to who else joins Dorcy in supporting our FCW-10 event.

Sounds good!

What about say, McGizmo, Polarion, Surefire, HDS, Overready, OMG, OSTS, and some others?

:D

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened

I'm very much looking forward to the trip! I'm starting to get more batteries so I don't run out of juice the first night or two. :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm very much looking forward to the trip! I'm starting to get more batteries so I don't run out of juice the first night or two. :)

Hi JohnnyMac - Looking forward to having you there! I've been following some of your recent purchases, I'm very anxious to check out some of those beasts!

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Bring a way to charge them during the day.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast

I 'll have my nitecore charger along...it charges off a 12 v car cigarette plug.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

My recharging stuff includes a few car socket chargers, a portable car charger/jump starter with outlets, a Cottonpicker folding solar charging panel set-up, etc. I typically have about 7 chargers going at home, so, on the road, I seem to need about that capacity.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Hey, if anyone is familiar with that area we'll be at...are there any REALLY long lines of sight for beam targets?

I ask, because I thought this would be an unusual opportunity to have a bunch of flashaholics in one place, a DEFTX and a TN31mb and some Polarions, Hellfire, and other long range lights, a light meter, and a chance to actually experiment as to what lux level our panel of observer flashaholics could resolve what level of detail at what ranges.

We could see what we saw in broad daylight first...and then at night.

We will need about a mile line of sight to do this though...preferably a mile over land so we could close the distance in steps to adjust our resolution limits, etc.

Does this sound like a worthy experiment to you guys?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone - I'm very sorry, but I need to change the date of FCW-10. I've never before had to change a date of a FCW event, but this time I just can not help but to do so.

If anyone who has already given me their reservation payment can not make the new date - I will provide them with a prompt/full refund.

Again, I'm very sorry if the date change causes anyone any inconvenience. Hopefully everyone who is scheduled to go will still be able to do so.

The new date is November 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. That is now a Friday arrival and Monday departure. Good news is that it still incorporates a new moon (Sunday night).

Thanks for your understanding. --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, if anyone is familiar with that area we'll be at...are there any REALLY long lines of sight for beam targets?

I ask, because I thought this would be an unusual opportunity to have a bunch of flashaholics in one place, a DEFTX and a TN31mb and some Polarions, Hellfire, and other long range lights, a light meter, and a chance to actually experiment as to what lux level our panel of observer flashaholics could resolve what level of detail at what ranges.

We could see what we saw in broad daylight first...and then at night.

We will need about a mile line of sight to do this though...preferably a mile over land so we could close the distance in steps to adjust our resolution limits, etc.

Does this sound like a worthy experiment to you guys?

That sounds great! And yes, there are some huge fields, and other long range lines-of-sight where we could do something like this. :)

Latest posts