FCW-11 Flashaholics Camping Weekend 11 Set for 9/25-28/2014 at Voorhees State Park NJ

Stan671

Enlightened
I brought wood and bought some more at the park office and Brian scavenged a bunch from the woods so we have plenty to keep a small fire going all day.

Stan671

Enlightened
It was good to see Tim stopping by on Friday. Roger came by for a visit on Saturday. BIll came by on Saturday and spent the night

Stan671

Enlightened
A bunch of us walked up to the Observatory for a very interesting talk and slide show about Mars and the nuclear powered rover named Curiosity.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could have made it, sounds like a good time !

Stan671

Enlightened
I was the last one to get out of bed again this morning. Mike and I made 2 pounds of bacon to share with everyone. Then we cooked up a dozen scrambled eggs for us along with cinnamon raisin English muffins.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
THe weather was just amazing...no bugs, perfect temp...clear night sky. It was easily worth a quick drive to stay the night! I tried out my new Subaru tent.

Works great..just a tad expensive though.....

Stan671

Enlightened
Tim and his wife stopped by for a quick visit in the afternoon. Carrot, Dave and Anna left around 5. Brian and Jessica left a little earlier. Everyone left me all alone for the night. Do I am keeping the campfire roaring while I work on assembling my LEGO Unimog.

Stan671

Enlightened
The main chassis, cab, and bed of the Unimog are done. So it is a fully finished 4WD truck with air compressor and both mechanical and pneumatic power take-offs in front and rear. The next steps are the add-ons which are the fully articulated crane with gripper at the rear and a power winch up front. But those will have to wait until I get home. Goodnight.

Stan671

Enlightened
My car us packed and I am headed home. It was a great camping weekend!! Thanks to all of those who visited and who stayed ... that's why it was so much fun.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the updates! One of these times I am going to make the trip, but things have just been way too hectic lately. I'm glad that you guys had fun!

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan we had a great time and hope we get together again in the spring
I remembered a Lego Curiosity set #21104

Stan671

Enlightened
I have the LEGO 21104 (295 pieces) of Curiosity, the 3rd generation rover. But the one I was telling you about is LEGO #7471 (870 pieces, issued in 2003) modeled after Spirit and Opportunity, the second generation rovers.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really glad I got to at least stop buy for a while on Friday night, and then again on Sunday. It was great to catch up with everyone, and get to enjoy some food cooked over the fire - thanks everyone :)

Again - thanks Stan for securing a site for everyone, and I really appreciated your updates throughout the weekend - they helped make me feel like I was there more than I was. :)

I'll be sure to give everyone advanced notice as to when FCW-12 will be. --Tim