FCW-11 Flashaholics Camping Weekend 11 Set for 9/25-28/2014 at Voorhees State Park NJ

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey stan weather is a little rough today so Jessica and I will be coming a day late on friday

Stan671

Enlightened
I understand. I am not hurrying to the campsite this morning and will try to get there during the lull in the rain this afternoon.

carrot

Flashaholic
Quick update: My dad and his friend (Allen) are coming Friday morning.

I'll be over there with a friend or two Friday night. Driving out as soon as I get out of work. If anybody has extra camp chairs we can borrow I'd be thrilled.

We'll give you money for the campsite on arrival. See you soon Stan, Nein, Jessica, others!

Stan671

Enlightened
Just notices this announcement on the Voorhees State Park web site:

VOORHEES STATE PARK CAMPGROUND RESTROOM AND SHOWER FACILITY IS CLOSED. There will be portable toilets provided, an operational dishwashing station, and potable water access on site. Showers are available at the nearby Spruce Run Recreation Area campground.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone -

First off - Thank you again Stan for pulling this together and giving everyone an opportunity to camp this fall.

My schedule is still crazy busy - I was away on business most of this week, and I've been super busy firming things up on the purchase of my new home - which we are closing on in just a couple weeks.

I've cleared as much of my schedule as I can, and the good news is that I'm planning on stopping in tomorrow (Friday) night after work. Unfortunately I can not get out of my plans for Saturday, so it will be a short visit, but it will be nice to catch up with everyone. See you all soon. --Tim

Stan671

Enlightened
I got here about 4:40pm. Set up the canopy and my tent and stove. Skies are partly cloudy with blue and sun showing through.

Stan671

Enlightened
Temperature was rather cool last night. I had to bundle up. But the skies were clear and the stars were out.

It us a beautiful sunny day with great blue sky and not a cloud in sight.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan I just saw the photos you posted on your facebook page. I can't wait to get out of work and get there! And I loved the photo with all the wildlife! LOL

Stan671

Enlightened
Tim is here for a visit. My cousin Mike is here now. We all make dinner on the campfire. Now it is time to relax and chat while sitting around the fire.

Stan671

Enlightened
I was the last to wake up this morning. Mike and I made pancakes for breakfast.

Later Mike and I went out to explore Spruce Run Recreational Area. They have a nice beach there but the lake was very low because they are using it to supplement the Raritan River

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
We found a few combinations of adjacent campsites that would ve a good place to have a FCW. We .would have lots of long distances over the lake to shine the flashlights.

And there us a public golf course near both Voorhees and Spruce Run if we have and golfers in the group.

Stan671

Enlightened
I have begun to assemble LEGO kit #8110 the Unimog U400 with 2,048 pieces. Both Brian and Mike are helping me.

Carrot and his friends, Dave and Anna, went on a 40 mile bike ride.