FCW-12 (Flashaholics Camping Weekend #12) is set for Sept 17-20, 2015 at Voorhees, NJ

Stan671

Enlightened
Our fire tonight

Attachments

• 1442719267274.jpg
    1442719267274.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 64

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it was quite an adventurous trip getting there but glad I made it! Great seeing everyone again and always great to see Dorcy's new lineup of lights. Dorcy is on the cutting edge of lights with the " Light App " on the phone that's for sure!

Great pics Stan!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, what an great weekend, and super FCW! First off I want to again thank Stan for pulling this FCW together while I was crazy busy. It was a bummer that so many couldn't make it, but everyone who did had a great time. The comfortable relaxing atmosphere was exactly what I needed to de-stress and unwind from life for a while.

Special thanks: To my wife who prepared enough food to feed a small army! And thank you once again for everyone who cooked and shared other meals with me :) Thank you Dorcy for providing some really cool and innovative lights for us. Thank you Stan and others who brought and split all the wood that provided us with a wonderful fire all weekend long. Thanks sleadhead for making the 2+ hour trip to come and visit us, it was great to see you too. Thank you Stan for taking and posting all of the great photos! And thank you to everyone for making FCW-12 a fun and relaxing event!

In order to help minimize scheduling conflicts - here is the date for FCW-13: the first weekend in June 2016. Location to be determined, but Stokes seems to be a likely choice.

UPDATE: SORRY EVERYONE - THE FIRST WEEKEND IN JUNE 2016 ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. I'M SHOOTING FOR A FALL DATE. I'LL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim: May I suggest the campground in South NJ that we went to. It was 20 miles from Wildwood. A much nicer place I thought. I know everyone said how much they liked it...except for the longer drive to get there! It's Belleplain State Forest.

Stokes is so isolated, and the 3 mile drive on crappy roads just to get to the campground. Stokes is a 3 on my list...Belleplain a 9.

Just my thoughts....Bill W.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the pics, Stan. Definitely enjoyed them. :) I really have to make it to the next one.

Tim: I'd be stoked for Stokes. Always wanted to take a selfie with a black bear. They're so cute!

Just kidding. :naughty:

Seriously, the place looks beautiful with the waterfalls and everything. Stokes gets my voke.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input guys. It's so hard to be the planner for an event like this, because no matter what location or what date I choose - it is or isn't what someone wants. :thinking:

Belleplain is definitely on the radar. It's a long ride for everyone, but everyone agreed that it's a nice place to camp. The thoughts were to do Bellelain in the fall, but I guess the spring could work too. I would have to check the average temps there in the spring. Thanks for the input, either spring or fall - Belleplain is on the short list of choices.

In the past, overall Stokes was a crowd favorite. Yet here again what some like others do not. On the plus side for Stokes - the flush bathrooms were very close by, as were the showers. The large field offered a great long distance testing area for our lights, and plenty of open place for anyone to camp. Parking was not an issue at all. The wooded part of the site offered a nice place to hang out around a central fire, and some wooded spots for those who wanted to camp there. As for the long drive into the actual site - many people like the feeling of being that deep into the woods -even if it is more of an illusion than reality. In contrast to Stokes long ride to get to the campsite, Voorhees is so close to the road that, while it is very easy to get to, it doesn't offer a feeling of being very deep into the woods.

Well, I'm sure there will be something for everyone to like, as that both of these sites are on the radar for upcoming FCW events.

--Tim