FCW-12 (Flashaholics Camping Weekend #12) is set for Sept 17-20, 2015 at Voorhees, NJ

Stan671

Enlightened
Thanks, Tim, for working with Dorcy to get us a few lights to play with.

Yes, the weather report is fantastic. I am hoping it will be warm enough to do some swimming at the nearby Spruce Run Recreational Area (about 10 minutes away).

My son and I will be arriving (hopefully) shortly after noon. Then my cousin Mike will be arriving either Thursday evening or early Friday morning.

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
Saturday night we'll be going to the observatory with the 26" telescope (and other smaller telescopes) and for the presentation and virtual tour of the Moon. I am sure this will be worth sticking around for to anyone visiting Saturday.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone - my wife has offered to come by on Saturday with a bunch of fixings for tacos.
* Beef and shredded salsa chicken

* Crunchy & soft shells

* Shredded lettuce

* Shredded cheese

* Diced tomatoes

* Sour Cream

* Rice & Beans as a side dish

She will be bringing a lot of it, which should be enough to feed anyone who wants to have some. :)

Stan671

Enlightened
Mucho thanks to Mrs. KartRacer for offering to bring food on Saturday! Count me in! About what time do you think she would be serving?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mucho thanks to Mrs. KartRacer for offering to bring food on Saturday! Count me in! About what time do you think she would be serving?

How does 1:00ish sound? That gives everyone some time to be hungry again after breakfast settles. Let me know, she is flexible - :)

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to a major purchase at the RV show this week in Hershey my attendance is in jeopardy. Hopefully I can make it later Sat evening.

However....next trip I won't care if the "Facilities" are closed! :thumbsup:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to pics and stories, especially since I'll be missing out on home/camp made tacos.

Shredded beef and chicken? Drooling over here.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone - bummer to see that so many people have conflicts with the date, and can't make it this year - but thanks for checking in on the post and wishing us well.

It looks like the weather is going to be really nice! I stopped by last night after work and Stan helped me set up my "new" $5 garage sale find tent, which turned out to be a decent deal (thanks for your help Stan). Then we pulled up our chairs by the camp fire and dug into the box of cool new flashlights that Dorcy sent - some really nice ones, and some that show they are really thinking outside of the box. I'm anxious to get back and test out their new camping lantern that you can control via your smart phone - on, off, dim, etc, but the cool thing is that it has a sensor in it for the temperature, and a few other cool features. I'm sure we will report back on it, as well as the other new lights, headlamps, and lanterns - Thanks again Dorcy.

I'll be heading back tonight after work - and staying overnight Friday & Saturday nights - checking out on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it, and I hope to see those who can't at the next event. :) (don't forget you can come by and hang out all day and into the night and then go home, just like a PF event) --Tim

Stan671

Enlightened
Dorcy's assortment of flashlight is very interesting to say the least. They are coming up with some really whacky and cool stuff. We briefly checked out each flashlight in the dark last night. We'll take them apart and play with the Bluetooth features today

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order to help avoid any scheduling conflicts for future FCW events please keep the following in mind: For those of you who don't know... I always plan the FCW weekends as close to a new moon weekend as possible. (a new moon = no visible moon in the sky = dark night!)

If we do a FCW in the fall is would likely be end of September/early October (because the weather is usually decent for camping around that time). So just go to a moon phase calendar (easily found online) and see when the new moon is around that time and you will have a heads up on what weekend will likely be picked.

So for fall of 2016 that would be: Thursday, September 29th - Sunday, October 2nd. --Save the date now :)

If we do a spring FCW that would likely be the first weekend in June - which shows average temps high/low of 75/51 at Voorhees State Park - assuming we would be back there again. So that gives you guys a heads up - of course I'll give everyone as much advanced notice as possible when the actual dates are confirmed.

--Tim

Stan671

Enlightened
Here is the variety of flashlights that Dorcy's was kind enough to lend us to play with ... I mean rigorously test.

Attachments

• 1442588159966.jpg
    1442588159966.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 65

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the variety of flashlights that Dorcy's was kind enough to lend us to play with ... I mean rigorously test.

Stan - Nice photo! I have a few more to add to that photo - I left with the 18650 flashlight with the ability to recharge your cel phone, and I forgot to bring another lantern with me last night - I had left it charging at home. I'll bring them with me tonight. :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is Group Site A

And to the left of the area in the photo is a nice wooded area which is part of site A, and allows for some nice shady and semi-secluded spots for more tents. My tent is over there, and I'm guessing if Steve (Carrot) brings his hammock tent again this time, he will have several good options to choose from.