FCW-6 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 6/10/10 - 6/13/10

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe he meant

ranger.jpg

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys - Thank you to everyone who has been getting up their reviews already, they all look great! :thumbsup:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I'm P.O.'d that I couldn't make it this time and at the very last moment no less:( Looks like everyone had a great time...except for Ranger *ick. :shakehead The lights that the sponsors donated look great and everyone is lucky to have got them...I'm definitely in for the next campout! :)

we even saved a chicken for you!
next time ranger D will meet my little friend! an artic blast, if that ever arrives!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the scoop on FCW-7 and why we are going to Stokes State Forest. If you've been following the FCW-6 thread you know that the rangers (at least one ranger) busted our backs about having too many cars parked near our sites. To avoid any future issues we have decided to pick a new location for future FCW's.

Dingman's campground came up as an early suggestion, and so I took a day off from work and checked it and several other camping locations to see if they would be good for our event. I'm not going to retype all that info, so if you want all the details on what I checked out and how it was read back a few posts. In a nutshell Dingman's is out. Voorhees is still a decent option.

I was ready to book Voorhees State Park, but decided to take another day off from work to check out some more locations. My girlfriend and I went to 7 state parks: Stokes, High Point, Worthington, Wawayanda, Round Valley, Cheesequake and back to Voorhees. It was a long day, many miles on my truck later… Voorhees is still a good option, but I think Stokes is even better.

What I booked at Stokes is two group sites, G & H. Site G is for 65 people and site H is for 10. By getting both we have the whole section, no one will be by our area, and we will have tons of room for our tents, and our vehicles. Flush toilets are a short walk, as close as Hickory Run, garbage dumpster is just a bit further than it was at Hickory Run. So we have toilets, garbage, ample tent and parking space. The sites offer both some wooded area with a stream, and some field area, and are more remotely located than Hickory run, so we will be less likely to see or hear other campers. The stream was a total bonus! It's not quite as big or as flowing as the one at Hickory Run, but it is a nice addition. Oh, and it will cost less than Hickory Run. Stokes offers a ton of trails and all kinds of stuff to do, and High Point state park (with a monument at the highest point in NJ) is only about 25 minutes away. Stokes should be a great new venue for our FCW events.

I booked it already, and it will be here before you know it - it's only 3 months away!! The date is Thursday September 30th – Sunday October 3rd. Here is a link to the FCW-7 thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280789https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280789FCW-7 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 9/30/10 - 10/3/10</SPAN>

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i can get the Princeton Tec Remix Headlamp off of heidi's head i can do a review of it. since she has taken it home from camping she has not taken it off her head. she wears it from room to room every night. she must love it that much. and besides monolith did a splendid review of the headlamp with illustrations, don't think i can top it.
so hope you can excuse me from this review, tim.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys - Thank you to those of you who have posted your reviews! :thumbsup:

For those of you who have not finished yet, please do so. --Thanks

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i can get the Princeton Tec Remix Headlamp off of heidi's head i can do a review of it. since she has taken it home from camping she has not taken it off her head. she wears it from room to room every night. she must love it that much. and besides monolith did a splendid review of the headlamp with illustrations, don't think i can top it.
so hope you can excuse me from this review, tim.

Sure you can be excused from the review... Just give me the headlamp back and I'll give it to someone who can do the review :devil: