FCW-7 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 9/30/10 - 10/3/10

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of respect for others that I do not wish ill, and out of respect for myself that I should not get more sick, I will not be coming. :( I was looking forward to this, but, there are certain things we cannot control, and, unfortunately, though we wash our hands as best we can, we do at times succomb.

I hope everybody has a great time— stay dry, and enjoy!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's beautiful out today. Not a cloud in the sky. Stan is making pancakes for everyone! Nice fire last night. Havin fun.

richpalm

Banned
Boy, I'm gettin' the urge to get with you guys again after a 7-year absence. Remember the banana Vectors? I had a lot of fun at Milky's. PM'd him a couple years ago but never heard anything. Moved out here in 04, haven't been around except for the occasional lurk but these new lights-and shorter days -got me out of the shadows.

Hope it was as good as all the other events!

Rich

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rich, sure I remember you. I still have a Yellow Bannana! Hey, you just missed FCW-7, a weekend camping event, but the next PF (Photon Fest) at Scott's house will be coming up soon. Keep an eye out in the CPF "get togethers" area for the date of the next PF event.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't make it up to FCW-7 but I hope Y'all had fun!
It was definitely a nice weekend for camping.

Yeah, bummer you couldn't make it. The weather was good, and the campgrounds were really nice. Everyone was in agreement that this location was every bit as good and even better in many ways as Hickory Run was. FCW-8 will be planned. Stay tuned.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of respect for others that I do not wish ill, and out of respect for myself that I should not get more sick, I will not be coming. :( I was looking forward to this, but, there are certain things we cannot control, and, unfortunately, though we wash our hands as best we can, we do at times succomb.

I hope everybody has a great time— stay dry, and enjoy!

Bummer you were not feeling well, I hope you are feeling better. No worries, FCW-8 will be here before you know it. :D

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from the camp out at Stokes Forest. What a great place. It's 3 miles back in the woods, and the site is a large open field- flat and in good condition. The smaller site is wooded.

This field is probably 150 by 100 yards...

IMG_1364.jpg

Here is the wooded site- 100 feet from the main area. Carrot and his dad set up here.
IMG_1372.jpg

Carrot brought a hammock...
IMG_1394.jpg

The day use area is about 1 miles away, and is very pretty, with a lake,
a playground, and a nice pavilion.

IMG_1396.jpg

Here is the pavilion.
IMG_1399.jpg

Stan cooking up some food. There was always somebody making something and asking if you want some.
IMG_1441.jpg

Carrot's dad Ike making corn on the cob while Eric watches.

IMG_1438.jpg

Carrot trying to start a fire with a fire stick.
IMG_1429.jpg

There is a nice stream just 100 feet behind the field.

IMG_1366.jpg

Hey look at this nice tree to climb for the kids!

IMG_1407.jpg

Eric doing some wood chopping

IMG_1388.jpg

Lighthouse one trying out his new bow saw on a dead tree...

IMG_1384.jpg

Stan serves up his special pancakes for breakfast. I just got the little
dining canopy...works nice.

IMG_1382.jpg

Ike cooking up a bunch of burgers to go with the corn...man did we eat!

Where were those new hungry guys...we need help!

IMG_1443.jpg

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all you guys not sure - this is a neat place. Bathrooms and showers are close- and very clean.

On the way back I drove through Newtown. It's 10 miles down 206 and has all of the larger stores you might want. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot. Several markets...Weis, Shoprite. Lots of fast food joints.
Closer to the park are plenty of small grocery stores, and little diners.

Branchville is the closest small town...and I found a few churches too!

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Nice photos, but that "stream" looks like a flooded ephemeral creek, as can be seen by the upland trees being strandled by the water. Also, quite unsafe axe usage, if I may note.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stream was roaring because of the heavy rains the day before. It went back to normal the next day.

Hey Carrot....your PM box is full. ( rails to trail link info)

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics! Really looks like a great location. Bummed I missed it.

Any Ranger problems?:thumbsup: Bears?

Hey sledhead, we were bummed you missed it too! But no worries, I just booked FCW-8 at the same location - June 2nd - 5th, 2011! Save the date! :D

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
ATTENTION - ATTENTION: Based on the overwhelming positive response from everyone at FCW-7, I just reserved the same location at Stokes State Forest for FCW-8.

FCW-8 will be June 2nd - 5th, 2011. Keep an eye out for a FCW-8 post soon. :twothumbs

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say, are we going to be having another PF event anytime soon?

Scott is in the process of making a final decision on the date. Keep an eye out in the get togethers area for a post about it.