FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this email about 10 minutes ago!! WOOHOO

The New Jersey Forest Fire Service has announced Stage 2 Fire Restrictions HAVE BEEN LIFTED for all state parks and forests which fall under the Forest Fire Service's Division A, beginning Thursday, October 3, 2019.
The NJ Forest Fire Service has announced that State 1 Fire Restrictions are in affect through Sunday, October 6th, 2019.
All campfires in provided fire rings are now permitted.
Propane stoves and liquid fuel stoves are permitted at all times.
For additional questions, please contact the park office for the park you plan on visiting.

Edit: Didn't see @sledheads post....sorry!!

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind staying in the shelter, as I'm only able to come for the one night it'll save me from setting up the tent.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind staying in the shelter, as I'm only able to come for the one night it'll save me from setting up the tent.

You got it. And so now there are three beds left. Perhaps one of the guys sleeping in their vehicle wants in on the shelter? BimmerBoy perhaps?

Stan671

Enlightened
Thanks, Tim, for posting the weather and fire ban (that is lifted) info here since I was not able to get time online.

It will be cold at night, so people should be prepared for that.

Otherwise, it will be campfire as per usual and I am so happy to hear that.

My plan is to get there at about 1:30 pm on Friday. See you'all there!!!

MrMom

Enlightened
I've made it to Binghamton New York, currently overnighting in the Walmart parking lot. I'll see you guys tomorrow. MrMom.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning everyone. Despite a wet rainy night, it is turning out to be a beautiful morning already. Forecast says sunny and a bit Breezy today. The sun is already out drying things up and there is a light Breeze which is forecast to become a little stronger later today. Should turn out to be perfect camping weather this weekend. 0% chance of rain for the rest of today and 0% chance of rain for Saturday :) 20% chance of rain later in the day on Sunday, which shouldn't effect us because we should be packed up and out of there by midday. I should be there around 1:30 today. The wood that BimmerBoy has helped us secure will not be ready till after 2 pm. And the guy suggests that we come with a pickup truck to pick it up. Does anyone who's coming have a pickup truck that can take a ten-minute ride over to get the wood for everyone? If not, maybe several of us can go over in our cars and fill our trunks with some wood. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon. I hope some of you are bringing great flashlights that you no longer want, I always love coming home from these events with the new light :)

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, if you are arriving after 6 p.m. The main gate to the park will be closed. Just cut through the little office parking lot and come down through the exit side until you are past the gate and then just follow down the road until you see the campground signs and find our spots.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
WAKE UP!!! I'll be heading that way in an hour to hang out. Wife won't let me stay. She has me on a tight leash. Good thing it gets dark early these days. Start posting pics so i can see what I'm in for

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The iss just passed overhead 20 mins ago. Nice and clear out here ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1570319566.508516.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it every time I go to one of these get togethers I make a fortune selling stuff then spend it all before I leave?

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if i go i want to be called the king of the whooper and no eye contact and everyone must be wearing a memebers only jacket

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - basically perfect weather for three straight days!! A little cool on Friday night, but no rain all three days of camping! Actually, and almost on cue, about an hour after the official check out time had past on Sunday afternoon, a few of us were still hanging out by the campfire, and it started to drizzle. I guess that was the camping gods saying, don't push it, time to go. LOL

I think everyone had a nice time. Many lights were sold / bought / traded, and are being enjoyed by their new owners. Good food and fun stories were shared around the campfire, and it was great to see old friends, and make some new ones.

Overall the campground was a hit, and everyone seemed to love the awesome views of the lake all day long, which created the perfect backdrop to our event. The picturesque sunsets as well as the moon reflecting off the lake at night made for some great photos as well.

Plans are already in the works for a springtime FCW/SM/GT#16, so stay posted!

Thanks again to everyone for everything (especially Stan who helped get things rolling).

--Tim

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - basically perfect weather for three straight days!! A little cool on Friday night, but no rain all three days of camping! Actually, and almost on cue, about an hour after the official check out time had past on Sunday afternoon, a few of us were still hanging out by the campfire, and it started to drizzle. I guess that was the camping gods saying, don't push it, time to go. LOL

I think everyone had a nice time. Many lights were sold / bought / traded, and are being enjoyed by their new owners. Good food and fun stories were shared around the campfire, and it was great to see old friends, and make some new ones.

Overall the campground was a hit, and everyone seemed to love the awesome views of the lake all day long, which created the perfect backdrop to our event. The picturesque sunsets as well as the moon reflecting off the lake at night made for some great photos as well.

Plans are already in the works for a springtime FCW/SM/GT#16, so stay posted!

Thanks again to everyone for everything (especially Stan who helped get things rolling).

--Tim

Many thanks to Tim & Stan for setting this up! The turnout was great for sure.

Like Tim said, the weather was perfect the whole weekend. Even the night time temps, that I was somewhat dreading leading up to weekend, weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be! I still think the rangers actually have sprinklers up in the trees and it was just a little warning that it was time to go.....

Other than coming home with just as much stuff as I went with (not all the same stuff) and owing people money I might even say it was the perfect weekend!

I, for one, am totally looking forward to FCW/SM/GT#16.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Tim and Stan for a fine event and location....except for the poison algae and no dogs! Great seeing everyone again!

Hopefully I'll get some more pics up at a later date.....

Attachments

• IMG_0970.JPG
    IMG_0970.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0976.JPG
    IMG_0976.JPG