FEELER: Custom tailcap boots (multiple colors)

kripto

Newly Enlightened
I'd definitely be into a few of these.. Mainly red, grey, and GITD that would be awesome!

Multiples of green, gitd, red and grey.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for at least 2 of every color. The previously mentioned Mag switch covers sounds interesting as well.

-DF

mikesantor

Enlightened
What would be your minimum order to make this profitable/worth while to you? I would say so far you got at least 75 sold in this thread...

archer6817j

Enlightened
Just to give some perspective, the cost for the mold is about $5k. So if they are $2.00 each I need to sell 2500 buttons just to pay for the mold...at that number I still haven't paid for the cost of the parts. However, if it looked like I could sell 500 or so, I'd still think about doing it. That means you guys need to buy a lot more of my lights though :)

So in that sense, mag switch covers would be an entirely different mold. Anyone want 2500 mag switch covers ? :) I suppose their could be more demand for those than tailcap buttons. Does anyone make mag switch covers?

andi15

Newly Enlightened
What about asking a manufacturer?
And here or here to sell the rubber boots in the shop?
If anyone is interested you wont have problems to sell these I guess....

Greetings from Germany

mikesantor

Enlightened
Just to give some perspective, the cost for the mold is about $5k. So if they are $2.00 each I need to sell 2500 buttons just to pay for the mold...at that number I still haven't paid for the cost of the parts. However, if it looked like I could sell 500 or so, I'd still think about doing it. That means you guys need to buy a lot more of my lights though :)

So in that sense, mag switch covers would be an entirely different mold. Anyone want 2500 mag switch covers ? :) I suppose their could be more demand for those than tailcap buttons. Does anyone make mag switch covers?

Did you REALLY think you were going to move 2500 units with just this thread?

EASTWOOD

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in mag switch covers of several different colors- anything other than black.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Did you REALLY think you were going to move 2500 units with just this thread?

Well...no, especially since it's not a sales thread :) I said in my post that if it looked like I could sell 500 I'd consider moving forward. Some feelers get like 15 pages of responses so I'm just "feeling it out."

Any more takers? :)

archer6817j

Enlightened
:bump:

So here is a poll...is there anything else that would make you interested in these? I figure if I'm going to make stuff it should be stuff that people want :)

Cheers,

Jason

houtex

Enlightened
You could contact a dealer here on CPF and see if they would be interested in carrying them. O f course I'm sure they would like to see some samples.

If you're just asking about ANY product,I'd like to see more C-series products. Heads,bezels,bodies and tailcaps.
Always wondered about a twisty or side clicky P60 host.

EASTWOOD

Newly Enlightened
Archer,
Have you had any more developments on this? As I said before, I would definitely be interested in colored mag boots but I don't know if that's even an option on the table. Furthermore, maybe my interest is a niche market as all of my mag mods generally involve changing the color/appearance of the mag. Keep that in mind. I would hate to see you undertake this endeavor and not sell enough to even cover your associated costs. I thank you for at least making an attempt to bring this to market- it would be awesome.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'd take a half dozen in different colors for my SF mclickies and McG clicky paks.

Lighthound, uniquetitanium, or other guys like these might be willing to take some if you get in touch with them.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Archer,
Have you had any more developments on this? As I said before, I would definitely be interested in colored mag boots but I don't know if that's even an option...

Not at this stage, that is a new project and a new mold, and basically starting over in terms of cost. It might be an easier selling product though :) I'll definitely keep it in mind, but it will be down the road since it also does not contribute to my current light offering. Are mag mods still as popular as they have been in the past?

archer6817j

Enlightened
:bump:

Any more interest in this?

Also, let me know if you have suggestions for retailers to contact. On my list so far:

1) Oveready
2) ShiningBeam
3) Illumination Supply
4) ...?

I know some of the retailers hang out around here so if you are one of those folks and would be interested please send me a PM or email :)

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
Hi there. I would be up for a dozen or so.

Are you planning "glow" colors ? This may be something that people would seek. Other then the green glow that are on the market, there are no other colors that glow I can locate. Just a thought.