FEELER: Dark Sucks, Carbon Fiber bodied Alpha

archer6817j

Enlightened
That is the best looking head I've ever seen on a light.. Love the design (specifically how the long relief cuts through the fining turn into the bezel crenelation at the end) . Keep this up cuz it's a winning design in my book...

Hah, thanks! I like the way that sounds :)

Chrome is a possiblity...just requires two plating steps. You'd have to lay down a copper layer first. Depends on how much you are willing to pay :)

badtziscool, what do you mean by "naked CF?"

notrefined

Enlightened
here's a question that I think might sway some people...how much would the decreased plating costs for a chrome on copper head (if any) offset the increased machining costs?

and just for me, do you have a single mode driver option?

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I want to see this happen! Sign me up! I would also like to see that head chrome plated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

archer6817j

Enlightened
I'm sorry. I used the wrong term. Not naked carbon fiber but dry carbon fiber. It where the cf doesn't have a shine on it. A matte finish?

AFAIK the shine is the raw epoxy surface. You can sand the tubes to make them matte but this also removes all of the surface texture. You can have tubes made this way but it also costs more money because of the extra step.

notrefined

Enlightened
If there's an option on CF colors, I would personally prefer something with at least some true black in it

archer6817j

Enlightened
If there's an option on CF colors, I would personally prefer something with at least some true black in it

Not sure what you mean by "true black." AFAIK carbon is carbon and that only comes in one color :) Sometimes they add colored fiberglass to the weave (which I'm guessing is what you are referring to?) and sometimes kevlar is blended with carbon.

The tube in the photo is 100% CF. Some of it appears grey because the fibers are woven perpendicular and that reflects the light differently. A blend could be cool though!...but it's not an option from the supplier I'm using.

notrefined

Enlightened
I thought it *was* a blend, with some light gray color in there...since it's not, perfect! :thumbsup:

...still want chrome, though ;)

cw_mi

Enlightened
Jason,
Carbon Fiber, Trits, and DLC... it's just got to be awesome !!

Latest posts