Fenix Diffuser ?

DonK

Enlightened
I want a diffuser so that I can use my Fenix lights as lanterns during power outages. Looking on vendor sites it seems that they do two types - a wand type and a shorter stubby type. Does anyone have experience with these and perhaps able to comment on relative merits of each type ?

thanks

siggy

Newly Enlightened
They make a lantern attachment for some lights. I have one on my TA21 that works really well. I also have a diffuser but it looks like an anal probe lol. I got teased quite a bit about that.

Last edited:

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
I have the 3 inch anal probe. It works great for me.......I mean the light.:eek: Seriously though, it acts just like a light bulb.

buds224

Enlightened
I've gone with the probe....ahem, I mean the wand type diffusers for my LD20, TA21 and PD32. The LD20 is less opaque than the one I have for my TA21 & PD32. I prefer it to be more Frosty because it tends to diffuse the light evenly in all directions. The less frosty (opaque) one is a little more directional but still gets the job done. I have no experience with the short stubby ones.

lwknight

Enlightened
I cut a piece of cereal box long enough to wrap around the flashlight head and taped it thusly.
Then put several layers of semi-transparent tape on it to diffuse the light. Since the strip of cereal box is not taped to the light , it is easily removable or replaceable. Best of all it was CHEEEEEP!

Milk jug plastic works good too.

DonK

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm just trying to decide between the probe type and the short stubby type. Seems to me that the probe type should light up a room better - my desired purpose. Short one seems to be a newer offering

skypirate

Newly Enlightened
I have the short version. It's well made and functions well. Concerns, the hard plastic prongs are more likely to fatigue and break. Probably more likely to wear off the finish on the flashlight.

The probe look is sort of unappealing. Some day, somebody will realize this and design a cylindrical diffuser, that can do double duty as a space efficient spare battery holder.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just another free option that is a bit more aimable, and can flood or throw.

7414303408_ae05cc592d.jpg