Fenix E01

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought ~30 E01s to give out as gifts several years ago. 3 of them were DOA, so if you're banking on NIP stock for your future use you might want to check them out now while there are exchanges available.

I have used two E05s and an E99Ti. My stainless steel E05 quit on me, my wife's E99Ti just needed a cleaning after 2-3 years of purse carry and use, and my aluminum pocket-carry E05 that replaced the SS has been good for 2 years or more.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
DOA = dead on arrival
NIP = new in package
SS = stainless steel

Fenix Store offered to replace the 3 dead E01s, but I had other things taking priority over mailing them back and never got around to it; I failed to return the E05 SS, too...

Anyways, I was suggesting that if you have unopened lights that you want to use later, it's a good idea to open them up and confirm that they work before storing them long term.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Now i understand. I really appreciate the advice. I willl be opening it later. Thanks again grijon.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your E01 still getting a lot of use Mike? I might be crazy, but it seems like the gray ones have more texture to the knurling. I only have gray and the one I dremeled so I can't do a Pepsi challenge. Can anyone with a gray and another color do the eyes closed knurling test and see if I'm just nuts?

EDIT: By the way, went stock for today's carry.

Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

I just swapped out a dead battery that was on life support when I put it in back in the spring.
Stuck a battery I use to pre-test lights I sell. It was the first tester cell I used when starting to pre-test lights sometime in early 2017.
We'll see how many months that one lasts....

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Really wanna' know if Fenix
is gonna' REPLACE the E01
with something else !

Or, are they simply just gonna'
END it now ? ? ?

:mecry:
_

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
how do you know if you use up all the 100,000 hours life of the nichia ? I mean whats the difference if its all used up or somethings broken so its not working.

Last edited:

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Im sorry for your loss :(

I think we are all feeling it . Ya know Fenix could have gone about this differently. Maybe a farewell with some fanfare?

A Limited edition version to end this long journey with a bang and some class? Maybe a gold plated E01 or a Titanium version or Copper? instead of just bringing the hatchet down ? Its really cold hearted and to me disrespectful of Fenix to go this route

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
they are commenting negatively because they know my long track record with lights so they don't get why I have gone in reverse after all these years and so many lights .

But I have had one at work tell me the light sucked and his 3xaaa harbor freight freebie was better

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
how do you know if you use up all the 100,000 hours life of the nichia ? I mean whats the difference if its all used up or somethings broken so its not working.

100,000 hours is the average amount of time the emitter will dim to 70% of its original output. LEDs are not like incandescent bulbs; they don't just suddenly burn out. They just slowly get dimmer over time. 70% brightness is just something the industry picked as a value to indicate the LED is no longer good.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an AA version of the Fenix E01?

Thanks

John.

The Gerber Infinity Ultra is similar. It drives the LED harder, and might not be as efficient, so from what I've heard, the runtime is shorter, but the output should be a bit higher.

Bird09

Newly Enlightened
Personally I don't see an AA Fenix E01 selling well. Other than run time, the other asset to this flashlight is diminutive size. Without that, it will get lost in the crowd. I love my multiple E01's, but they were purchased for the reasons mentioned.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I don't see an AA Fenix E01 selling well. Other than run time, the other asset to this flashlight is diminutive size.

Also, the larger a light is, the less impact resistant it will be. Kind of like how an ant can be dropped from 100 feet and then run over by a car, and it will be just fine. But when I tried doing that to a friend of mine, he didn't fare so well.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix Store alludes to something to greater on the horizon

thanks for the link
I predict

1. it will have a Yuji, both 3200k and 5600k options
so people have a choice of Color temperature and can experience High CRI

2. it will have two modes, 0.1 lumens, and 10 lumens
so that people who use Eneloops dont have to wait for 15 hours to access moonlight mode

3. The price will 9.95 shipped from china

4. Independent USA resellers like fenix-store and fenixlighting, will not be able to compete at that price, and will focus on other more lucrative product lines (note these are just USA companies reselling lights they buy in batches from Fenix China.. neither store is the actual company that makes the lights.)

PartyPete

Enlightened
thanks for the link
I predict

1. it will have a Yuji, both 3200k and 5600k options
so people have a choice of Color temperature and can experience High CRI

2. it will have two modes, 0.1 lumens, and 10 lumens
so that people who use Eneloops dont have to wait for 15 hours to access moonlight mode

3. The price will 9.95 shipped from china

4. Independent USA resellers like fenix-store and fenixlighting, will not be able to compete at that price, and will focus on other more lucrative product lines (note these are just USA companies reselling lights they buy in batches from Fenix China.. neither store is the actual company that makes the lights.)
I'd love to see that, especially with two modes. A low mode plus a moonlight with decent tint would be a worthy successor.