Fenix E02R - any good?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I just read a review about the Fenix E02R to see if it starts on low. Yes it does.
I guess my question is, does anybody here have one?
Ok, more questions, do you like it? How well does the "progressive twisty" function? Is it easy to figure out for a non flashaholic like an elderly person? Would you buy another one?

Not concerned with tint or CRI as the review covered those things. But it was one of those where the reviewer spoke of it as a reviewer, not a long term user.

Thanks for any responses.

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
I bought one awhile ago to replace a older Fenix E05 twisty on my key chain.
It's very small, just under 2"L and slippery for me to twist on. It doesn't have proper knurling.
On my key chain, I found for me I needed two hands to operate it. One hold the back of the body and the other to twist the head. The older E05 I could just intuitively just use one hand because of its larger size and proper knurling. Went back to using my old E05 on the keychain.

For an elderly person, It would be easy to use but maybe too small unless they have small hands. If they have dexterity issues especially with the slipperiness of the light, I'd recommend the new E05 or even the E09 with a push button and both a bit larger to hold onto as well.
Still debating which one I should try next.

Plus = nice floody output on low and high modes
Minus = too small and slippery

Hope this helps your buying decision

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the E02 is the head is longer than the body itself when in the off or unscrewed out position thus making it hard to grip the body (which is only 3/4"L) with one hand.

Another Fenix light to consider is the E03R if one needs something small but easier to use because of the push button switch and a larger flat surface area to grip.

Latest posts