Fenix L2D CE and L1D CE runtime graphs

zerafull

Newly Enlightened
thank you for your work Chevrofreak, i hate the false brands specs , thank a million :)

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak, I have a question concerning your runtime test of the L2D on low with Duracell 2650 mAh NiMH. Did you use new Duracell or your defective ones (high self discharge)? If it was the ones with high self discharge, it may have influenced the runtime. From what I've seen, when they get knocked by high self discharge, they can discharge as fast as 2-3 days! :)

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
WildChild said:
chevrofreak, I have a question concerning your runtime test of the L2D on low with Duracell 2650 mAh NiMH. Did you use new Duracell or your defective ones (high self discharge)? If it was the ones with high self discharge, it may have influenced the runtime. From what I've seen, when they get knocked by high self discharge, they can discharge as fast as 2-3 days! :)

All of the Ni-MH runs were done using the new cells I purchased a couple weeks ago.

T4R06

Enlightened
thanks chevro!

i guess i will use 14500, the way it act on the graph after protection kick-in you will get "extra" low and high. very unique!

went to target and grab rayovac hybrid 2100mAh, im wondering if they run at least 50mins on high?

hope my L1D will arrive tomorrow

zerafull

Newly Enlightened
chevrofreak i dont understand the difference between the lumens of flashlighreviews (overal output 88 = 122 lumens) and your mesures of 114 lumens ? it's the test receptor quality or other ?

You can explain me ?

and why the little difference about the lumens between nihm and lE2 lithium ?
regards

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO two lights of the same type have exactly the same performance characteristics. Variations in the components of the circuits, LEDs, etc. will cause them all to be a little different.

Plus, the lumen readings I get are ESTIMATES, not difinitive scientific mesasurements, and therefore are open to error. If anyone wants to send the $20,000 for the Integrating Sphere and associated calibration equipment, I'll be happy to get accurate measurements... No takers? Rats.

The difference in lumen output between Chevrofreak's and my measurements is less than 7%, and almost anything could account for that little of a difference, including mistakes in taking the readings... :shrug: Considering the level of sophistication we have access to, I would say that we did a surprisingly good job by getting readings that close!

zerafull

Newly Enlightened
ha okay Quickbeam, thank you for your complete reply, really and congratulation for your website !

regards

Spordin

Enlightened
Thanks Chevro. Even with alkalines there's decent performance. Very cool gee-whizz stuff coming out.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Just saw this. Thanks a lot for the effort. Answers many of my questions. Thank you.

r0b0r

Enlightened
Sorry to be repetitive, but I'm curious as to the tail end of the L1D's runtime.
Once the output can no longer exceed that of Low - how much time is there until there's no light at all?

Thankyou very much :)

(If no one has tried this, I'll get a flat-ish alkaline \ NiMH and see how it goes.... might not be good for the NiMH but it doesn't bother me to loose one for science)

orionlion82

Enlightened
wow! good work.

thats restored a bit of my confidence in me fenixes...

the bottom line is: it tells me i have to get in in the lithium game.

3 days and a bit more on low (E2) ? WOW!
puts my NIMH (which ive never run down with a fenix) to shame!

Fenix should get a deal to ship e2's with their lights in the blister pack, like the other standard 2AA lights we know...that would impress people.