Fenix LD12 (1xAA, XP-G2 R5) Mini-Review: RUNTIMES, OUTPUT MEASURES, VIDEO.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol i got rattle too. if i had to take a guess, i'd say it's the tolerances of the glass lens, also meaning that the glass lens is NOT pressed by the reflector&driver.
i don't think that it is the reflector which rattles. the sound .. sounds to me like glass, typical loose lens.

i won't go swimming with my LD12 that's for sure :p

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
My LD12 G2 has the head rattle. With the head removed from the light, I can stop the rattle by pressing the mode switch. The rattle doesn't occur if I press the mode switch while shaking the light. The glass lens on my light appears to be rattle free. I've had other lights with lens rattles. The rattle of my LD12 is different than the lens rattles I've experienced on other lights. On my LD12, the lens is held firmly in place.

The rattle doesn't bother me, as I have to vigorously shake the head of the light to get the rattle. In the regular use and carry of my LD12, the rattle never happens.

N_N_R

Enlightened
Yeah, I also think my lens is held in place tightly and it's not that. But anyway, good to know other people also have this "issue" :D Yep, no swimming with it, lol

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the head removed from the light, I can stop the rattle by pressing the mode switch. The rattle doesn't occur if I press the mode switch while shaking the light.

+ 1

i can confirm Scooby's observation. With press switched, no more rattling sound. Thus must be the switch, not the glass lens.

Since it's the switch, i think we can go back swimming :D