Fenix LD22 vs LD41

fiberguy

Newly Enlightened
I disagree with this statement. They are in different classes, as exaggerated example, it's like comparing a shopping cart to a 18 wheel truck full of groceries. They both get food from point A to point B, but the scale that they transport on is completely different. If I had to pay for a shopping cart and a 18 wheel truck only cost 20% more to use than the shopping cart, I'd still use the shopping cart because I will never have a use for that much food capacity.

The same applies to lumens as well. With my Fenix Tk41, I realized to make use of the light output, I have to bring my binoculars with me to see the details in the hotspot. I got the TK41 thinking it was 30% more in cost than the Jetbeam PA40 but 2x the flashlight, but after I bought it, I realized the numbers don't really work that way.

You certainly have valid points. My reference was to a bit more than lumens (battery life, intensity, throw, etc) but different strokes for different folks applies here for sure. It all boils down to perspective, use, etc. I guess the average flashlight user may find the TK41 (or even LD41) to be overkill. I personally felt the TK41 was my best yet, but I still desired more. That was when I stepped up to the TK70. If Fenix created a light that doubled the TK70 on NiMH, that'd be my next purchase. My flashlight use is different from most though, and in my line of work, too much is never enough.

For EDC, my light is a Single AA 200 lumen light. It's perfect for me.

blueraja

Newly Enlightened
I realize this thread may be dying, but I just ordered the ld20 (similar to the ld22) and the ld41. I plan on using both of these for hiking, in conjunction with a black diamond headlamp. When I get them, I plan on comparing the two. Just FYI 👍

regulation

Newly Enlightened
I realize this thread may be dying, but I just ordered the ld20 (similar to the ld22) and the ld41. I plan on using both of these for hiking, in conjunction with a black diamond headlamp. When I get them, I plan on comparing the two. Just FYI 

Ah, hope you could just take some outdoor pictures during your journey to save this thread.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Pictures would be nice. The Fenix lights will fill the bill nice because you can turn down the brightness and gets ays of battery ife. I recently got the 3" long or so diffusers for my LD22 and PD32 lights. They are really nice. Have fun, be safe, and get us some pics.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wasn't there talk of 40mm diffusers from fenix and other 40mm accessories? I thought I saw pictures of them somewhere. I have an LD20 q5 and an E40 so two lights that are more or less similar to the LD22 and LD41... sorta lol.

I love more or less everything about the LD41---- It would be perfect to me if it had a neutral T6 like the coming E50 is going to have. Hopefully Fenix continues the 4aa lineup in the future and we get another awesome version after the LD41. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite form factors after 2aa because it's still relatively compact, but you get a decent punch more power than a 2aa light can deliver. And 4aa is nice to charge in my Lacrosse 700 easily as a set ;)

MobileEMP

Newly Enlightened
Once again, thank you for helping and sharing your thoughts.

I received the LD41 today, and I must say I am impressed. It isn't the most portable flashlight but the double button mechanism (on/off + mode swtich) makes it very easy to use. The beam itself it very well defined, the center hotspot is great but it also has a very good flood. The construction quality seems very good, both outside and in the batteries contacts. I am really thinking about purchasing a LD22 in the future for a more portable light, Fenix really impressed me.

Overall I am very satisfied, but my opinion does not count that much since I have almost no experience with flashlights :p

mesquita.mas

The LD22 does look like a good light, but I highly recommend the LD12. I have it as my EDC light in my front pocket. The 1aa form factor is so tiny that I hardly ever notice it. It has a great runtime for a 1aa and good throw too!

"May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out."