Fenix LD50 Review

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent writeup as well.

For future reference / preference to all: the "jar of water" test that permeates every CPF writeup doesn't due much In the fact finding depo for me personally.

I do 2 meters 2 hours with 100 submerged clicks = Pass.

Make no mistake, I will be happy to "borrow" OP's light and test it out. I'll return it, I promise. :devil:

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

For future reference / preference to all: the "jar of water" test that permeates every CPF writeup doesn't due much In the fact finding depo for me personally.

Make no mistake, I will be happy to "borrow" OP's light and test it out. I'll return it, I promise. :devil:

Haha, I doubt the OP will want to do that! :D

Your water test is a pretty good mehod althoufh I would not really dare do that to most of my lights. :p

Bushman5

Enlightened
I quite like the design. This light has been on my TO BUY list since it came out....

but whats holding me back is I wish there was a TRIPOD mount hole on it. This light would be incredible on a tripod

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
I quite like the design. This light has been on my TO BUY list since it came out....

but whats holding me back is I wish there was a TRIPOD mount hole on it. This light would be incredible on a tripod

Can this product be used as photography fill light?

GunnarGG

Enlightened

Never tried it myself but thought about buying one after reading about it here, Manfrotto Superclamp.
Do a Google search on CPF and you will find a thread about mounting flashlights to a tripod.
Looks great and should work with the LD50 also.

firelord777

Enlightened

I'll be more than happy to do a water test and report back with pictures, I honestly am not worried about the LD50 failing, I've put all my Fenix lights underwater at my local pool (14 ft deep) playing around with friends underwater and they never fail. On my TA21 I even change modes with the ring, which a few have mentioned seems like a vulnerable area.

I trust Fenix engineers, but I have one problem : I lost one of the tailcap a of the LD50. It must be somewhere in my local landfill by now but I haven't had a chance to buy a replacement from Fenix yet.

Cheers

Last edited:

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
I'll be more than happy to do a water test and report back with pictures, I honestly am not worried about the LD50 failing, I've put all my Fenix lights underwater at my local pool (14 ft deep) playing around with friends underwater and they never fail. On my TA21 I even change modes with the ring, which a few have mentioned seems like a vulnerable area.

I trust Fenix engineers, but I have one problem : I lost one of the tailcap a of the LD50. It must be somewhere in my local landfill by now but I haven't had a chance to buy a replacement from Fenix yet.

Cheers

Hi firelord777,thanks for the review,for your problem,please contact with fenix customer service center at [email protected], we will help you.

wjv

Enlightened
I have an LD50 and I really like it!!

I just wish that Fenix made a diffuse that fit it.

But its a great light. Well built with a clean beam and good tint. A nice combo of flood and throw. Actual run times are pretty good also.