Fenix PD35 or TK35

GearHedOne

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix PD35 or TK35 - one week in

I have had the Fenix TK35 about a week now. I also own several other powerful lights, including the Fenix LD41, Fenix FD40 focusing, Led Lenser (Coast) HP14 focusing, and the Guardian 1300TL. The TK35 is the brightest, by far. Being that I was a machinist for twenty years, I can say the build quality is excellent. I like that the battery carrier holds the electronic switches, so that can be replaced by Fenix should the need arise, instead of the whole metal body of the light. The TK35 IS pocketable, and is just a 1/2 inch shorter than the LD41. The TK35 has a nice, uniform flood spill, with a tightly focused center spot for distance. It is a substantial light, and probably just a little too large for EDC. But, if you are outdoors a lot, or just need a great light for the farm / ranch, or going out in the wilderness, this is the best light to have in your pocket. The two 18650 Orbtronic 3500 mAh batteries should give substantially more hours of useful light, versus smaller lights such as the PD35 using a single 18650 battery.