FENIX - Requests, Suggestions, Problems

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reason i made this thread, is to keep a nice self contained place to ONLY post comments regarding problems, additions and requests that you think FENIX should considder to "IMPROVE" their product. This way they can read one thread and get a general grasp on "how bad" a partiular problem is by how many people mention it. It will help them to help us.

I personally would like a method to access turbo the same as medium or high, so i can just cycle through all modes.
replace reflector for better throw perhaps?
Improve Quality control in general.

George M

Newly Enlightened
On the LxD-CE I'd like to see them move the SOS mode to the turbo position. Then I could cycle Low->Medium->High and twist in and out of turbo mode. The SOS and strobe modes would both be effectively "hidden" and I would never have to cycle through them in normal operation.

OP reflectors.

More aggressive knurling.

Reverse polarity protection, as recently discussed here.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
George M said:
On the LxD-CE I'd like to see them move the SOS mode to the turbo position. Then I could cycle Low->Medium->High and twist in and out of turbo mode. The SOS and strobe modes would both be effectively "hidden" and I would never have to cycle through them in normal operation.

OP reflectors.

More aggressive knurling.

Reverse polarity protection, as recently discussed here.

+1
Exactly my thoughts!

Edro

Newly Enlightened
Take the P3D-CE low setting output and apply it to the others: L1D/L2D/P2D.
The P3D low is lower than the current LXD/P2D and is more useful.

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
Edro said:
Take the P3D-CE low setting output and apply it to the others: L1D/L2D/P2D.
Edro said:
The P3D low is lower than the current LXD/P2D and is more useful.

Low is never low enough for me, why can't they make low like 2-5 lumens just enough to read or look at a hole or something... I think even 1 lumen might be perfect for some "tasks" that I would need this for :laughing:

Luminescene

Newly Enlightened
George M said:

Could the SOS and strobe be selected by a double twist of the head in less than 1sec with the light in the on. Then with the clicky and in turbo it would be possible to flash the flashlight. I miss this from the L2T, used to use it quite a lot. With a forward clicky would be even better. Could a switch be made to give forward clicky momentary on AND the reverse clicky momentary off, that must be the best of both worlds. Does any one use the SOS or strobe for a real purpose? An emergency signalling strobe would be better with a double flash at a longer interval, eg aircraft anti-collision lights.

And +1 for the LOW low

George M

Newly Enlightened
Luminescene said:
Does any one use the SOS or strobe for a real purpose?
I tried the strobe in a dark room, hoping to confuse my dog. Even had it been successful I guess that wouldn't really have been a real purpose. :)

And +1 for the LOW low
+2 That's a good one. Most of the time I use my L2D on low and it's often more light than I need.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
True low low is my top request.

I think any requests I have beyond that look less like minor tuning and more a re-thinking of the UI overall.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
- A lower low. About the level of the original Arc AAA.

- SOS to run faster, per standards.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience, theese posts never works, cause there are about as many requests (and that only on which sequence the light levels should follow) as there are CPF-members.
But here goes.

-Less levels, just low,medium, high(max output) and strobe. Skip SOS since it's more or less useless, I would use the strobe in an emergency situation anyway, or I would just do the SOS by myself. And the levels are too tight now, there really isnt that much different between medium, high and turbo.
So, one mode with high(max output) and strobe(as it is now), and one mode with low(REALLY low) and medium.
-Reverse polarity protection, easily done mechanically.
-knurling
-Pocket clip
-If possible, no clicking through levels, chose all the levels with bezel twist or tailtwist.
-Momentary on (if the above with no clicking through levels is applied).

And last but not least.

-A 2stage(high first) 18650 light with killer throw and brightness and current regulation!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
- Two modes only: Low and Highest, using the same switch system on the Surefire L2
- Non-fake Type III HA Mil Spec
- Tactical clickie (or foward clickie)
- Better threads, better contacts, better QC

That's all.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lobo said:
From my experience, theese posts never works, cause there are about as many requests (and that only on which sequence the light levels should follow) as there are CPF-members.
Lobo said:
But here goes.

That maybe, but i have actually contacted FENIX by phone and had a talk with Christina, and now with her email i can give her this thread when it becomes a little more beefy, and she can read it and give the important comments to the people who need to see them. This way the comments are located in one place she can see and thus does not have to do searches. So this can only help :D

Luminescene

Newly Enlightened
There are some recuring points;
-Lower low
-hiding/removing SOS and Strobe
-Forward/momentary

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
Fenix needs to add quality control to their manufacturing processes. Lights that are shipped inoperative are inexcuseable - as is their reliance on customers to perform self-help to get a poorly designed or assembled light into working condition. Customers should not be relied upon as Fenix's 1st tier repair depot.

Do the job right the first time. New features should come AFTER basic quality control.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmtfi said:
Fenix needs to add quality control to their manufacturing processes. Lights that are shipped inoperative are inexcuseable - as is their reliance on customers to perform self-help to get a poorly designed or assembled light into working condition. Customers should not be relied upon as Fenix's 1st tier repair depot.

Do the job right the first time. New features should come AFTER basic quality control.

This would cost extra, but I think I'd be willing to pay 5-10 bucks extra per light for better QC.