Fenix TK45 in Prometheus

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
yea but what wa
s even sweeter was the flashlight box type deal that was a flashlgiht on top with a vertical probably 8 inch by 2 inch beam coming out the front of it. kind of hard to explain. i wish i could get my hands on one of those!

I noticed it too. Pretty cool the light panel lights up the area underneath you.

BillySAW951

Newly Enlightened
They would use that mini gun HIGH TEC looking light to impress the non cpf people who probably have never seen a flashlight passed an incandesent or a 9 bulb led. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Noticed that as well, I kept thinking why are they still using the TK45 in 2091!!!??? The movie had some promising parts but overall never went anywhere. Nothing I'd want to watch twice or could suggest for others, even for the lights. :thumbsdow

fyrstormer

Banned
Noticed that as well, I kept thinking why are they still using the TK45 in 2091!!!??? The movie had some promising parts but overall never went anywhere. Nothing I'd want to watch twice or could suggest for others, even for the lights. :thumbsdow
You want they should spend money making custom flashlights for a movie? As if anyone but us would ever notice.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Fenix TK45 is still being used in 2093. The triple barrel XP-G R5 looks futuristic enough. Let's hope their version is S2 ;)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did notice one spoof with the movie though...(only a flashaholic would catch it)...one minute, Shaw, the main character, was using a TK-45, camera change, and a nano-second later, she's using the other style of light they had...

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
When I will going to see it with my sister I will do everything possible to remain me quiet before the presence of the TK45, something that surely will cost me a lot of (and perhaps she give me an interrogatory look).

JulianP

Enlightened
I just came back from Prometheus too, still laughing about people using the Fenix TK45 in 2091. I told my 14 year old daughter 'that flashlight is 81 years old!' and we both laughed in the cinema. My daughter knows my madness, but other people didn't understand why we were laughing. Anyhow, it was clear why the flashlight couldn't light up the cave. Three XPGs just can't do it. By 2091 tiny flashights (AAA size) will light up the whole area, and possibly double as light sabres.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I just came back from Prometheus too, still laughing about people using the Fenix TK45 in 2091. I told my 14 year old daughter 'that flashlight is 81 years old!' and we both laughed in the cinema. My daughter knows my madness, but other people didn't understand why we were laughing. Anyhow, it was clear why the flashlight couldn't light up the cave. Three XPGs just can't do it. By 2091 tiny flashights (AAA size) will light up the whole area, and possibly double as light sabres.

They should have used the Led Lenser X7R !

68003221.jpg

68003213.jpg

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/media...6319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/x/7/x7r_afs.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Not just the Led Lenser X7R, but also the Coast HP17.

Both are great lights.

It's a shame there not spoken of, more often.

gunga

Flashaholic
You guys are awesome. I noticed by tk45 and the continuity error too. Mentioned it to my wife who just smiled.

I thought the film was decent. Made for some good conversation afterwards. Not as fun as alien/aliens but quite good.

The_Police

Enlightened
I knew it! I just watched Prometheus yesterday and I could have swore that flashlight I was seeing was the Tk45. I'm glad I found this thread. ;)

On a side note, the movie definitely has a lot of references from all those 80s-90s movies like Alien, Predator, The Thing, Species, etc. It was interesting though. lol

stallion2

Enlightened
i haven't posted here in awhile and i'm a huge fan of the Alien trilogy (the fourth one will never count). its kinda sad that i'm just now seeing Prometheus but its playing as we speak. right now Charlize Theron is doing pushups half naked...looks like they must keep that ship pretty cold. just saw the goofy flashlight a few minutes ago and decided to google fenix tk45 and prometheus...imagine my lack of surprise that the first thing google comes up with is a thread from CPF. i love this place, no way i could express my interest in seeing that flashlight in this movie and have anybody i mention it to give a damn. nice to connect w/ flashaholics. late.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlight is much better than the movie. ;)

I enjoyed Alien & Aliens, but didn't care for the two that followed. I had very high hopes for Ridley Scott doing Prometheus... and was disappointed. The movie had so much potential to be great, and fell miserably short. So much unbelievable stupidity and sub par dialog. SFX was great, though.

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Lol, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was, "Really?!!! Oh, right... directors and screenwriters are most definitely NOT flashaholics. To THEM, it's a cool, futuristic looking light". Same reaction I had when Neo pulled out a Mini Disc in The Matrix as a futuristic data storage component. I LOL'ed thinking to myself, "What? Is he selling pirated music?".

The TK45 would be like a cutting edge, state of the art scientific expedition right now using those shiny ribbed metal 2C flashlights from the 1930's that are barely brighter than a Solitaire.

80-90 years from now, I'd expect a light the size of a Streamlight Nano with the output of a TK70, but then the movie would lose that atmospheric 'what's out there in the dark' sense of drama with cutting edge illumination turning the darkness to daylight.

I sure hope they discover the anti aging pill, not the least because I'd love to see flashlight (and other) tech at the turn of the next millennium. Probably won't even be using LEDs by then.

Max

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ FYI, it won't be a pill per se, but nano medical-bots that travel throughout your system, repairing cellular and DNA defects and rewriting your DNA to keep the aging triggers to a minimum, within repairable feasibility. The ideal would be to have these in your system by your late 20's, and as your indoctrination age increases your ability to "recover" youthful characteristics diminishes. The only trouble is that they'll then have to enact age limits, kind of like Logan's Run, or else we'll have some serious overpopulation problems. ;)

Latest posts