Fenix TK45 Review (XP-G R4 Testing Sample): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Misan

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, interesting to hear about the tint - is that from a R5-equipped shipping light, or one of the R4-equipped testers? The tint on mine was very pleasant and uniform.
Sorry for the late reply - not enough time for different forums. The tint TK45 is close to TK40, so I would even say very close to daylight.
ps: I've seen on sale Fenix TK45 in our city (equivalent 170 USD) :twothumbs
pss: UI in TK45 more convenient and comfortable than in TK40 :)

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
UPDATE: Some additional long-distance beamshots, to show you how the light compares to others in its class.

Please see my recent 100-yard Outdoor Beamshot review for more details (and additional lights).

Outdoor-JulyDaylight.jpg

TK45-A6-30.gif

CyberCT

Enlightened
Thanks for that quick demonstration selfbuilt!

It looks like the throw on the TK45 is very impressive, along with the already impressive flood. The 100 meter away tree and brush are lit up better if not the same than the other lights.

MattMcc

Newly Enlightened
I got this light about a month ago right before my I started collecting and I can't help but think how lucky I got by choosing the TK45. Every purchase I make now is influenced directly by information from this forum. At what point do I need to start therapy for this hobby? :) Great review and thanks for sharing.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me the TK45 would be an amazing candidate for the xp-g2. Make it happen Fenix. I've been holding out on getting an 8 aa light since the TK40 and if Fenix were to slap some xp-g2 emitters in the exact same TK45 I would buy it in an instant. Keep the same run times too. I'm not a lumen whore and would rather just boost the run time of each setting.

It would be an amazing light in my opinion too with slightly more throw than the original TK45 but still a LOT of spill and generally a great flood light. Hey, they could even use the newer version in the sequel to Prometheus lol.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
I think the TK45 is becoming obsolete, but I still love mine. I am noticing a problem that has emerged over the last 2 years though. Sometimes when I try to turn it off it goes into strobe mode, and the off button now feels a bit sticky. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe 1 in 15 or so, but it has been happening enough that I notice it. I do love the light, it's definitely my go-to light for just about anything.

Latest posts