Fenix TK75 vs. RC40

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
I forgot one thing that I briefly mentioned before. The TK-75 has battery kits, RC-40 does not!! With One [1] kit my "Turbo" time improved from 1h 10 min. to 2 h 54 min!! Two and a half times more run time!! More batteries, less stress on each one results in more efficiency! Also, the TK- 75 [with One kit] is still more than an inch shorter [10 5/8"] than the RC-40[11 3/4"] and only weighs 32 oz[2 lbs.] compared to 52 oz.[ 3lbs. 4 oz.]!!I arrest my case!!! lol,lol,lol!! :thumbsup: :)
I just received an extender for my tk75 today. I love my 75but I can see what a pain it's going to be with 8 bats and2 carriers to load and empty. Wish it had the charge portlike the TM15 or 26 and the RC40.

hivoltage

Enlightened
Dark Slayer....Coshocton Eh? Near Hanover here. I will keep my eye in the sky for your lights!!!

I just received an extender for my tk75 today. I love my 75but I can see what a pain it's going to be with 8 bats and2 carriers to load and empty. Wish it had the charge portlike the TM15 or 26 and the RC40.

my_crib_too

Newly Enlightened
I have both lights and like both lights for different reasons.

The TK75 is very wife friendly. We use our lights to walk the dogs and I wanted her to have a great light without the size and weight of an RC40. I wish the TK75 came with a built-in charger and battery pack. The TK75 is not as bright as the RC40 but it's close enough. Her TK75 replaced a TK41. We will never need an extension for this light.

I use the RC40 and think it's a great light. Love the charger and battery pack along with the LEDs in the tail stock. This is more light than I will every need. My RC40 replaced a TK70. The RC40 is easier to carry.

I think they are both great lights and you cannot go wrong with either.

bruce...

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually on the Wills Creek river near Conesville. Sorry for taking 2 weeks to see that you replied. Don't know how I missed that.

After using the 75 I still like it. But knowing what I do now if I could go back in time I think I would have went with the RC40.
Mostly so I could keep it easily topped up ready to go. Plug and play. Lots of loading/ unloading cells/carrier(s) with the 75.
Also so far I have found that you can't beat the the ARB-L2 cell for this light. Here is what I have found as far as run times (four cells):

ARB-L2 1Hr 3Min
Panasonic 3400 18650b Protected 56 Min
Nitcore 3100 45 Min
Nitcore 2300 33 Min

With one extender and eight ARBs it went 2hr 20 mins.

I have $298 wrapped up in my 75.
The light was $164
Extender and four ARBs $94
Four ARBs $40

If I run across a RC40 around $300 I would probably snag it just because.