Fenix UC35 Strobe Function

Coatimundi

Newly Enlightened
Hi, all-

I was looking at the Fenix UC30 vs the UC35 until I read a post where an owner packed their UC30 in their computer case and the side switch was unintentionally pressed and the light turned on.

This is a deal breaker to me as I don't want my light turning itself on in my pocket (BAD LIGHT!)

But what about the UC35 strobe function?

Has anyone here had a problem with the strobe function being activated while carrying their light in their front pocket?

Best,

Coati

fmc1

Enlightened
To activate the strobe on a UC35 you need to click on the light with the tail switch. Then hold down the mode side switch. I would think doing this by accident is highly unlikely. When transporting it just unscrew the tail cap a half turn so the light can't be clicked on and you will have no worries.

Frank

colight

Enlightened
Hi, all-

I was looking at the Fenix UC30 vs the UC35 until I read a post where an owner packed their UC30 in their computer case and the side switch was unintentionally pressed and the light turned on.

This is a deal breaker to me as I don't want my light turning itself on in my pocket (BAD LIGHT!)

But what about the UC35 strobe function?

Has anyone here had a problem with the strobe function being activated while carrying their light in their front pocket?

Best,

Coati

What happened with that owner is entirely possible, but only if he didn't lock his light prior to putting it in his case. I read that the UC30 has a lock function specifically for that.

savumaki

Enlightened
What happened with that owner is entirely possible, but only if he didn't lock his light prior to putting it in his case. I read that the UC30 has a lock function specifically for that.

I just got mine and it has the lock function which works very well.

Coatimundi

Newly Enlightened
To activate the strobe on a UC35 you need to click on the light with the tail switch. Then hold down the mode side switch.

I got my UC35 yesterday and it works exactly as you stated, which I'm happy about, although it seems odd to not have an 'emergency' mode for when you're walking along with the light in your hand.

If I have to shift the light to use the tail switch, I'm pretty sure 960 lumens will be satisfactory for disorienting someone.

I like the light, I'll be trying it out tonight, but Fenix should be spanked for their user's guide. I downloaded the PDF and it's not searchable. No excuse for that.