• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Final edition three stage Aeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need a list of those that paid. Those people who paid know who they are and Enrique knows who they are. I think that is what matters most. Try to make as little work as possible.

Well, if it doesn't make sense to you, then nevermind. ;)

The reason is so people can be sure Enrique has received their orders, and so there is a public record that can be referred to in case anyone forgets whether they paid or not. That's the point of feedback.

I agree with fyrstormer. The public record should be restored as completely as possible so everyone is on the same sheet of music.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will not be posting the names (real or otherwise) of those who made a reservation. It was not a requirement for people to post on the forum if they sent in for a reservation, nor is it my place to do so for them. The people who paid know who they are, and if they see fit to post again in the new thread, it's up to them to do so, but I will not willfully violate people's privacy for no reason.

SOYCD: Like most things, quality matters. Duracells are the batteries that I provide runtime estimate with, and, in my experience, have the best performance of all the cells on the market today. Energizer and Rayovac were also decent in my tests. Cheap cells will give you bad results; I know for a fact that the titanium brand ones are total garbage, as were the Battery Station CR2s (routinely measuring 40% or less on a battery meter), and I'd be suspect of any gray-market house brands.

I was holding out for someone to have a cached copy of the old thread post, but no luck. :( A new thread will be posted shortly.

Thanks folks,

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new thread has been posted here (and actually saved to my hard drive this time!):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?342770-Titanium-Aeon-Mk-II&p=4004763

Benchiew: I don't know if this is still true, but AW CR2 cells used to be 1mm too short, then 1mm too tall, and too high of a voltage compared to normal CR2 cells. This may have since changed, but someone else will have to answer. I never recommend the use of rechargeable cells in my lights. See here for why: http://weblog.muyshondt.net/?p=11

Enrique

I will not be posting the names (real or otherwise) of those who made a reservation. It was not a requirement for people to post on the forum if they sent in for a reservation, nor is it my place to do so for them. The people who paid know who they are, and if they see fit to post again in the new thread, it's up to them to do so, but I will not willfully violate people's privacy for no reason.
Enrique, I think you're missing the point. The only request is that those who posted publicly in the first place have their names re-posted. They wouldn't have posted in the first place if they didn't want it publicized. Nobody's looking to "violate people's privacy." As for the others who didn't post in the thread initially, we're not even addressing those.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that. You did mention that your light is designed to drain every bit out of the battery. :)

The new thread has been posted here (and actually saved to my hard drive this time!):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?342770-Titanium-Aeon-Mk-II&p=4004763

Benchiew: I don't know if this is still true, but AW CR2 cells used to be 1mm too short, then 1mm too tall, and too high of a voltage compared to normal CR2 cells. This may have since changed, but someone else will have to answer. I never recommend the use of rechargeable cells in my lights. See here for why: http://weblog.muyshondt.net/?p=11

Enrique

nbp

Flashaholic
Enrique, I think you're missing the point. The only request is that those who posted publicly in the first place have their names re-posted. They wouldn't have posted in the first place if they didn't want it publicized. Nobody's looking to "violate people's privacy." As for the others who didn't post in the thread initially, we're not even addressing those.

Well, as that thread has been eaten by the server malfunction, it becomes a moot point, doesn't it? Enrique doesn't have any better idea who posted than anyone else around here. He knows who paid, but not who posted in the thread. How could he? :thinking: (Unless of course he had a cached copy of the thread, but he already said he didn't and no one else found one either apparently.)

No need to post my info please. Thanks!

You just did. ;)

centauri

Banned
This whole thread leads me to thoughts about what CR2 batteries to get?

I've seen LiFePO4 3v CR2s at atbatt.com that I've used in the past in an Aeon and a NiteCore CR2 and they worked fine, but they are only a legit 250mAh so not a lot of life.

Does anyone have an experience preference on primary CR2 batteries. The options I see common are 4Sevens branded CR2 @ 900mAh (is that real because everyone else advertises about 750mAh). An inexpensive option seems to be the Titanium CR2s - their CR123 cells are pretty decent. Then there are the Duracell/Panasonic and others......

fyrstormer

Banned
Centauri, do those batteries test at 3V fully-charged? If so, what is their voltage when they can no longer provide useful power?

The issue with using any rechargeable battery in the Aeon, as Enrique explained, is that the Aeon is designed to drain the battery so far that it would damage a rechargeable battery. Finding a rechargeable battery with a fully-charged voltage of 3V only solves half the problem; the other half could only be solved by the addition of a discharge-protection circuit.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
This whole thread leads me to thoughts about what CR2 batteries to get?

I've seen LiFePO4 3v CR2s at atbatt.com that I've used in the past in an Aeon and a NiteCore CR2 and they worked fine, but they are only a legit 250mAh so not a lot of life.

Does anyone have an experience preference on primary CR2 batteries. The options I see common are 4Sevens branded CR2 @ 900mAh (is that real because everyone else advertises about 750mAh). An inexpensive option seems to be the Titanium CR2s - their CR123 cells are pretty decent. Then there are the Duracell/Panasonic and others......

Just my $0.02...I've used both Panasonic and 4Sevens brand on my Quark CR2 key chain carry for sometime now. I've never done a run time tests on either cells but 4sevens 'seem' to outlast Panasonic simply based on frequency of the battery change duration. Now this is purely guessing based on "Didn't I just change that battery a month ago?" but I feel as though the 4sevens CR2 lasted months longer...sure, it's possible that I could have used the Panasonic battery a little longer one night, but I use my light primarily to find the key hole on my front door...

On the other hand, you can get 5 Panasonic CR2 from DX for $5.90...tough choice when you're trying to save a buck or two :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just my $0.02...I've used both Panasonic and 4Sevens brand on my Quark CR2 key chain carry for sometime now. I've never done a run time tests on either cells but 4sevens 'seem' to outlast Panasonic simply based on frequency of the battery change duration. Now this is purely guessing based on "Didn't I just change that battery a month ago?" but I feel as though the 4sevens CR2 lasted months longer...sure, it's possible that I could have used the Panasonic battery a little longer one night, but I use my light primarily to find the key hole on my front door...

On the other hand, you can get 5 Panasonic CR2 from DX for $5.90...tough choice when you're trying to save a buck or two :)

Yeah - I've bought some of those cheapo Panasonics before and been burnt with batteries that either have 0% or 10-20% charge in them.
I'm not looking to save a buck or two to sacrifice quality so I'll probably give the 4-7s a chance and then go from there.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOYCD: I think buying house brands of cells manufactured in China is generally a bad idea. Duracell has a proven track record and are readily available for less than $2ea. online.

That having been said, I think it would be appropriate to close this thread. Related discussions going on across two different threads within the same forum is not conducive to people getting their questions answered effectively.

Enrique

Status
Not open for further replies.