Finished up a couple lights finally

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last year I was focused on a full kitchen/pantry/dining room remodel, and that's winding down now so have been able to get back to the shop. Finished up these two the other night.
PXL_20230223_083816332.jpg

The brass is the Saturn model (grip pattern) with tail fluting. The head is actually from Devin at Sigma Customs, and is loaded with a Mac compatible edc reflectored engine. The aluminum is an 18650 body I made to go on a shop relic spare engine holder, that can just be my beater shop light.

The brass one has a video posted in my fb group.

nbp

Flashaholic
Pretty nice beater light! Haha. Those look fantastic! I love the Saturn grip. What is the smallest battery you use on your lights? Any 14500? I haven't bought a new light in almost a year and I have been thinking about a slim and light custom for dress pants carry. Unfortunately I am a bit out of the loop when it comes to what many makers are offering these days outside of CPF. I had carried an Aeon Mk III for this for a while but I wouldn't mind shifting away from the CR2 to something rechargeable. Your lights always look really good!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I haven't done any 14500 lights yet. There are a few custom 14500s out there now, other than the AA pak mcgizmo. Okluma DCO, Laulima Metal Craft Todai slim (working on a second slim) an Focus Works F2 and F3 models.

I have a bunch of raw material, but all for 18350 sized lights, except for some smaller superconductor I have....

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, thanks. The AA McG is still a little large for what I am thinking. I often carry a SF Titan Plus with Prometheus Ti clip in dress pants, but would go up to a slim 14500. Must have a good clip though. I like low profile for that purpose, whereas 16340, 18350, or even a compact 18650 like the BOSS70 is fine for my normal everyday pants. I have been looking at the Laulima Slims and they do look nice. I may have to read more about those. Not familiar with Focus Works - will have a look.

Anyways, this is your thread so I don't want to talk too much about other makers. Superconductor is an interesting idea.... I recall the light you made with that was pretty outstanding!!