Firearms and Flashoholics

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
hmmm... i only have 2 guns right now- one of which i can't find since moving, maybe i should look for that- but at one time i had about 10. and then i got into knives and i had about 15 of those and now i'm down to half a dozen. then i got into guitars and i had about 20-25 of those and now i'm down to 4. i just started buying flashlights and i already have 8. so... based on my past history i'll probably end up with 50 or 60 lights. yikes!

wait- what was the question?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like guns but live in the wrong country. :(

Flashlights aren't banned here yet thankfully, but just give it a bit of time and 10+ lumens will be classified as offensive and potentially lethal...
icon10.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should do a poll based on dollar value of guns owned vs. dollar value of flashlights owned. One .45 ACP race gun equals about 120 Fenix E01s...

As an engineer, I'd actually like to see the ratio of dollars spent, e.g. 0 (no guns), 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0 and so on.

Last edited:

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
current disposition: firearms > quality flashlights

however, i'll concede that over last year or so, lights have been cutting into my gun funds. it'll definitely be a conundrum when surefire's vaporware begins to hit the market...

442.jpg

usc45cg2.jpg

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should do a poll based on dollar value of guns owned vs. dollar value of flashlights owned. One .45 ACP race gun equals about 120 Fenix E01s...

As an engineer, I'd actually like to see the ratio of dollars spent, e.g. 0 (no guns), 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0 and so on.

I have many more high quality lights than I have firearms, but my firearms "collection" probably cost 3-4x what all the flashlights cost!

-Robert

Patriot

Flashaholic

...and that's just a "Limited Gun." An unlimited 9x23 or .38 Super Major can run twice that price.

Lightsandknives016.jpg

If I don't count keychain style lights then I own more firearms. Recently I've probably been more active with flashlight stuff just because I can use them anywhere. No need to go out in the country or a range in order to fire them off. :)

EDIT: added

270winchester

People don't need guns. They just need to dial 9-1-1.

.....heheee!!!!

or edged weapons, or bows and arrows, or pneumatic weapons, or slingshots, or impact weapons, or chemical sprays, or even harsh language that could be interpreted as a "hate crime" by the right lawyer and paid off judge....woohoo! Isn't unchecked power and corruption terrific! :)

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I've bought and then sold several handguns since I was of age (roughly 8 of them), I currently own only one. Oddly enough it's the very first one I purchased and has remained my favorite despite others being of much higher value. I know the argument for utility holds no water here on CPF (the ol' "there's no reason to own more than XX lights"), but for me, one firearm is enough. Granted if I had the disposable income at hand, I'd probably own several. So yes, I'm a proud gun owner, but my light collection far outnumbers my firearms.

"From my Cold Dead Hands!!!"

DT444E

Newly Enlightened
I am just getting into flashlights, so right now guns might be in the lead;)

But, with the overwhelmingly abundunce of info on this site, that might not be the case a year from now:twothumbs

Illum

Flashaholic
I plan to own one though, and if not, I'll just get a pellet gun (Which i also plan to get for pest control).

Modern day pests are not ball shaped with big eyes, furry with a long tail, and often found in petshops...although it you have those pellet guns will do fine. Within city limits a higher caliber air gun might be whats needed:D

Several years ago I've heard of people shooting field mice with .45ACPs...you can imagine how cheap ammo was back then. :green:

Sigman, you live in bear country, I'd imagine you'll need something that will shoot something the size of a wine cork nowadays as bears move lower and lower south to find food.

Technology for guns have stayed relatively the same after the conversion from flintlock to percussion...and the only variances I can see are different propellant compositions.

Lights on the other hand changed alot, compared to the increase in price of ammunition batteries have remained relative unchanged...except for the adjustment in inflation.

I own only flashlights at this point, but I hope to acquire some models in firearms in the future. I'm not against the right to bear arms, but I'm against the use of lethal force when less-lethal alternatives can be considered. Of course, its hard to reason with a pig scurrying about in the brush and threatening to charge... :devil:

Ammunition costs have increased alot since 20 years ago...or more. I remember when 22LRs are around $0.01/shot, now its what? a nickel? thats a huge leap! CR123As have been $1.50 since I first bought one online in 2006...its still $1.50 today. :)

EDIT: 03302011: I now possess 3 rifles, a pistol, and getting a shotgun soon
7.65x53, 7.92x57, 40SW....

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
Where's the 'I like guns but because of local legislation I have none' option?:banghead:

If it weren't for that I'd probably have an order of magnitude more guns than lights.. This is a hobby I ended up with as a replacement for what I can't have.

CptDesoya

Newly Enlightened
"I carry a gun, because a cop is to heavy."

My flashlights though far outnumber my firearms.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's the 'I like guns but because of local legislation I have none' option?:banghead:

If it weren't for that I'd probably have an order of magnitude more guns than lights.. This is a hobby I ended up with as a replacement for what I can't have.

Sorry .... I feel your pain ... and wish it were not so (for you).

~

Patriot

Flashaholic

I can only imagine feeling your pain but I don't even like to do that. Sorry that your subjected to such terrible laws.

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened

Just be patient. A recent ruling by the Supreme Court may repeal said legislation. :twothumbs

Latest posts