Firearms and Flashoholics

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I live in the good old US of A... if you've never felt the kick of a 1.5oz slug or a win .270 you're missing out! Not to mention, it's a lot of fun to hit a rock with a decent sized round and see it go :poof:

tjloeb

Newly Enlightened
I have been a avid gun collector, shooter, and home gun smith for years. Early on I purchased a few of the smaller Surefire lights. I have just come on the whole new (to me) world of LED lights and this forum.

The people here seem to be very much the same as on the good gun forums. They ave a passion about their interest and are very helpful to new comers.

Illum

Flashaholic
Been trying to get meself something that shoots...but I've been sorely disappointed with .223s when I saw them in real-life. I'd half expected it to be like the .308s, plus theres nothing really I can shoot here. We have hogs, but I don't know of any hunting permitted grounds near here. Plus I love my squirrels and cottentails...so it only comes down to plinking for me :(

I barely use most of my lights as it is

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was born and raised in Los Angeles. My father hunted as a kid. slingshots, bow and arrow, rifles and shotguns. He took me to hunt gameland birds like Dove and Pheasant. But I dont like cleaning the animals.

Im more attracted to tacticool weapons. And since California is so strict the closest thing was Airsoft.

Then i moved to Pittsburgh, PA. I eventually got a Colt M4 in .22LR. For plinking. Got a pistol Sig Mosquito. Then a MP5 aka GSG-5 in .22LR.

Then i sold my surefire L6 Porcupine for a pretty penny and got myself a very fancy weapon with built in light mount. The Kriss Super V in .45acp. Got rid of the "toy" guns and got myself a glock 21 since the Kriss and Glock 21 use the same mags.

However now that my Fiancee and I are moving to NY state, its back to retarded restrictions. I can keep the Kriss but have to let go of the Glock.

But yes, lights are generally cheaper than guns. However I am looking more closely at the Hipoint 45cal carbine. about $330. im curious to see how it shoots.

When I do I will be one of the few to shoot both extremes. .45acp Kriss is the far end of the spectrum of .45cal pistol caliber carbines with all the bells and whistles. Then the Hipoint will be the bottom of the barrel budget PCC.

LiveForNight

Newly Enlightened
In America, when you serve your country as I did, they teach you how to shoot very special weapons and learn to enjoy it. You become friends with it and understand that it's a part of you and can protect you like your right arm. My best friend was an M16 with a M203 attached. I had the pleasure to shoot a Barrett bmg .50 (M82) more than once and can let you know that you need a bourbon and coke, a cigarette and 8 hours of sleep after shooting it. I even owned an M16 (semi, burst and auto) decades ago and taught my son to shoot it before I lost it in an unfortunate boating accident. I just don't understand why my country, that I adore, can teach you this love for firearms and expect you to be ok letting it go. I love flashlights too but firearms will always be my first love.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
In America, when you serve your country as I did, they teach you how to shoot very special weapons and learn to enjoy it. You become friends with it and understand that it's a part of you and can protect you like your right arm. My best friend was an M16 with a M203 attached. I had the pleasure to shoot a Barrett bmg .50 (M82) more than once and can let you know that you need a bourbon and coke, a cigarette and 8 hours of sleep after shooting it. I even owned an M16 (semi, burst and auto) decades ago and taught my son to shoot it before I lost it in an unfortunate boating accident. I just don't understand why my country, that I adore, can teach you this love for firearms and expect you to be ok letting it go. I love flashlights too but firearms will always be my first love.

I agree. A gun is like a tool, and I imagine if you dropped thousands of dollars on a hammer it would feel as nice in your hand and as much an extension of yourself as a gun can. And man, these boating accidents are striking all over the place nowadays. :shakehead

Kestrel

Flashaholic
:bumpit:

I would have voted, except there is no "I love both but no way am I going to indicate how many" option. ;)

IMG_6207-1.jpg

close-ups005.jpg

close-ups013.jpg

Max_Power

Enlightened
I'm glad I live in the good old US of A... if you've never felt the kick of a 1.5oz slug or a win .270 you're missing out! Not to mention, it's a lot of fun to hit a rock with a decent sized round and see it go :poof:

My favorite is a plastic 1-gallon milk jug full of water, struck by a deer slug or rifle round. I've never played with tannerite or 55 gallon drums of diesel though.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Hey fellow KY member don't see many from Ky on the fourm. I'm from Harlan County Ky. I love my Flashlights and my Guns also.

How many flashoholics here are also enjoy firearms? I know that the Knob creek (KY) gun shoot is coming up and Ill be there gawking at guns I could never afford

PS should we start a get together and show some CPF presence?