first day member took me 3 hrs to find this q&a streamlight diy need help advice fast

ken drake

Newly Enlightened
first day member took me 3 hrs to find this q&a streamlight diy need help advice fast

scenerios ok im ken btw ill try to be short but lots of issues w outcomes depending on how much the replier knows or how many if any I get. I got my first streamlight yesterday good condition used but new its the strion hp w the huuuge reflector 6oo lm with a crazy 44ooo cd and a 4oo+ meter throw ii have mainly tac lights I need the best avail thrower in my pricerange and know how uprades and I need it to throw haaarrrddd for coyote hunting 4oo m at night is really 2 eyes I need 6 to 8oo meter throw for my gun I do small mods switch drivers and emmitters just from what I get sick of or whatever now heres my prob I also have the S.L. PRO TAC I BOUGHT YESTERDAY CAUSE my strion stopped worling and I seen it on sale for 55 bucks and it had the same huge reflector for throw and distance same size I figure its cheaper by 6o bucks cause its only 2oo max luman now usually my lights I figure no pro ill swap the emitter and driver bingo but oooo no streamlight obv makessure u cant just use a screwdriver to take it all apart I got the reflectors off the 6oo luman strion takes a custum battery made by streamlight its a 165o w a circuit and double contact top so one small screw hits dead cent. the big outer spring hits the edge all around like a rimfire rifle kinda w a plastic sepertor between well the big outer spring came out so I tried everything w my batts they looked like a joke you can look em up but I need someone who knows how I can fix this spring I have it still but I don't know how to take the light down to the poss end if even possible so if I cant do that I was hopin a genious might know any other light by streamlight that the battery tube driver cicuit ans cree will screw right into one of my reflectors or just the tube and ill beef up the power and put a cree in it cause streamlight uses the same emitter for yrs now mines tiny so my protac is new I can return if needed maybe the 11oo lm pro hpl3 there highest lm light would thread in that would be easy or a diff streamlight stimger with no mid switch has that reflector and recharge and 6oo lm now if none of what I said is possible then just tell me how to make a custum thrower with that head and 1 or 2 thousand im for at least 1.5 hr don't care bout size till bigger than 2 165os in the tube that is good please if any help I have amazon on standby ready to order something diff if I cant fix these two to be a beast just don't wanna waste themand what is the best cree for throw and battery consumption ill need and should I go 1 or 15 watt what guts u recommend for a 15oo lm 8oo yrd throw???? sorry so lomg my first expensive set up light im also selling a spotless two day old nitecore srt7 in grey spotless 96 lum 3oo meter nice light I need cash ill sell for 45 I payed 1oo on amazon w batts the black ones go for 8 now thanks a lot please shoot me some thin to learn I wanna get into this hobby

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: first day member took me 3 hrs to find this q&a streamlight diy need help advice

I promise I tried to read the whole thing, but just couldn't make it through.

You might want to try re-typing it with periods and paragraphs. You'll probably get more (any?) responses that way.

:welcome:

dss_777

Enlightened
Re: first day member took me 3 hrs to find this q&a streamlight diy need help advice

I read that in one breath... almost passed out by the end. :)

Don't mod, buy what you want. It'll be better, and probably cheaper. Lipstick on a pig, and all that...

I have no specific recs for you, but suggest you search this forum for what others have recommended for hunting lights. Use the "search forum" command located at the top of the forum. It'll be a much better use of your time, IMO.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Buy one from Saabluster. You won't be sorry.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paragraphs: how do they work?

ArmyTek makes great throwers.

Chris

StarHalo

Flashaholic

- We are all beginners at one time.

- Define the application, then deduce the tool. Tell us about the nail and we will find a hammer.

- We don't use watts as a metric; lumens for gross output, lux/candela for throw.

- "Farthest thrower" usually involves a Saabluster or Vinh brand light, you can start browsing there.

OCD

Enlightened

....and maybe some "zeros" to make your numbers make sense. ;)

dss_777

Enlightened

I know my way around basic rules of grammar and can spell pretty good, but can't hunt or mod electronics for squat.

Rock on, Ken!