Fixed blade EDC

kooter

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a small fixed blade EDC knife. Would like a proper handle on it if possible, and blade length of no more than 2.5 inches. I have found a nice one on EDC forums under the title "orange g10 necker". Pics or links would be most helpful.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
I dont know your price range, but the Bark River Mini Canadian fits your description.

kooter

Enlightened
guyg, i would go to $200 for the right knife, but what you suggested looks very nice indeed. :twothumbs

guyg

Newly Enlightened
For 200 ,you can get two or three top knives and have a good selection. Buck also has the Hartsook and a Mayo small fixed. Cant remember blade length, but they are both S30V steel, which is a popular steel.

kooter

Enlightened
Just found a raidops knife that looks well cool. The little John. Cant find any pricing on it though.

mbely2

Enlightened
kooter,
For about this price you can get a nice custom Dozier, and you will never look back for production knives again: http://www.dozierknives.com/
Be careful thought: Dozier knives are highly addictive, it is almost impossible to stop after holding one in your hands.
Good luck,

Mark

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
You have to have a "good reason" to legaly EDC a fixed blade in England.

Reasons include, work, religon, part of a national costume.

The only knife you can Legaly EDC in the UK without a reason is a folding knife ( penknife) with a 3" sharpened edge length blade, or less, that doesn't lock.

Think swiss army type slipjointed knife. There are lots of UK legal knives to choose from now that fold without a lock.

Sorry didn't want to turn this into a lecture, you probably know this already, I just thought i'd let you know before spending £$£$ on a knife you may not want to have conviscated and be charged for. Dont get me wrong, I regulary EDC a large locking folder, but I have a reason to use it when I have it. When I dont, I have knives that are legal.

What do you plan to do with it? Would it be a heavy user or something to carry and use on an occasional basis.

I've always liked this for a small fixed blade, prehaps just a bit to short for you though.
http://www.noze-nuz.com/benchmade/bm210ggt.php

With $400 you can get a lot of good fixed blades, or one "pimped out" knife. Good news is though there are hundreds to choose from.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Resizeof2008-03-03001.jpg

Resizeof2008-03-03002.jpg

Resizeof2008-03-03004.jpg

Might be a bit to big, but its the smallest fixed i got.

I bought it because of the VG10 steel, its intended for gutting small games.

The "WM1" stands for Woman actually... but there are more men than women that buys this knife! :)

EDIT: oh! didnt mention it was a Fallkniven. If your gonna EDC it it might be to big, and the kydex sheath I have isnt made anymore.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
If you're willing to spend up to $200 go Dozier and don't look back. They are a bargain in the custom world, with excellent heat treat and nicely sculpted handles. Their sheaths are also the best I've used so far, too. The Dozier K-6 Companion should be exactly what you're looking for. It has a real handle so it can be used like a real knife.

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
A Barkie , mini or micro Canadian would be pretty nice , if you feel spendy a Dozier would be excellent . AG Russel has some nice stuff that would fill the bill .

Chris

kooter

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I have gone with this knife from americankami.

DSC08877.JPG

Im having black G10 handles, and a partialy serated edge. I went through so many knives it gave me a headache in the end, but when i saw this, i just knew i had to have it.

Heres a link to DJs website, this wont be my only blade from him im sure.

http://www.americankami.com/fixed.html

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend a knife from Tom Krein, Charles May or Gene Ingram. I have a knife from each of these makers, and they are fantastic pocket fixed blades.

(Moderator note: CPF Rule's non-compliant oversized pics deleted. Please repost if resized.)

GeneIngramPHSheath.jpg

GeneIngramPH2.jpg

GeneIngramPHwsheath.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: