Fixed Chris Reeve Blades - which to choose ?

boness

Newly Enlightened
Sad News in deed---

I was planning on buying a HDS Clicky But I guess that will have to wait......

Paladin

Enlightened
the rest of the story!

I spoke with Chris's wife this afternoon, and she explained why the "One Piece" knifes were going to no longer be made. First, his supplier of the A2 blanks back in South Africa is retiring, and another source is not available. Second, Chris has been making these a LONG time, and he is ready to devote time to other projects.

Third, they are out of Shadow IV's, and expect to be able to make some around October, when the possibly last shipment of A2 blanks will arrive.

Fourth, fortunately OsoGrandeKnives had a Shadow IV in stock, and mine will ship in the morning.
Fifth, OSG has free shipping over $150, so getting the knife from them is actually cheaper than if CR had it in stock.

Paladin

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
the CR im smitten over is the pacific, im just waiting and waiting and waiting for my d2 rat-3 to get lost so ill order one and have a kydex made for the thing.

I hear you, I *LOVE* that knife. It's perfect in every way.

Per Arne

Enlightened
:party: I am now a lucky camper with Chris Reeve's model Mountaineer II :twothumbs

I have started to put some things into the handle while I wait on TAD Gears new Brass Flint Sparker... The SAS compass didn't fit so well in the handle as I'd hoped for, but luckely I had another small compass that would fit. I was also able to squeeze two Spark-Lite tinders in there as well.

PA